? servers

? players online

Apply for a position

Guest barackobama

Hi guys (and gals!)

We have a position open here at Steamgamers, you can apply for it here: http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/misc.php?do=form&fid=36

I will explain a bit about the position.

This position was originally held by me, but I was crap so yeah! But this revamped position will be a plus for the community.

This person is responsible for managing all SteamGamers 3rd Party applications, for example, twitter, facebook, and any other applications or site we use. This person will be in charge of future advertising, sponsorships, and general marketing of SteamGamers. The marketing administrator also helps GarfieldH decide on decisions to improve the community, upgrades, and anything that falls under the category, this person works closely with the PO's/BD's to make sure the image and reputation of SteamGamers is upheld to it's highest. This user is also in charge of the EC's.

• Manage the EC's, discuss ideas, and server events, etc.
  • Manage all 3rd party sites/applications.
  • Manage all advertising.
  • Recommend upgrades, and general marketing aspects for the community.
  • Research what the community like/not
  • Give ideas to the BD's to discuss.
  • Assist GarfieldH on Community marketing.
  • Upkeep the image of SG, and help expand.

Short story, this person will practically be my right hand man/girl.

Anyone can who is mem+ can apply for this position. Including the BD's, AO's, etc.

You will need to be able to have time for SteamGamers, if you don't have time, please don't apply. Please be honest in your applications.

As you know, I'm trying to cut down on ranks, but I feel the MA is needed back, due to the amount of large 3rd party app followings we have, and I don't have time to keep everything up to date, and don't want to give the BD's more to do (because they do so much!) This MA rank will be extremely different to the last rank I held.

• Like 8

• Content Count:  4198

First.

Good to see the rank come back into use, especially with all this new connectivity stuff we've got going around. Hopefully this should release the pressure on some of your workload. It's a big role to fill though, and I'm not sure many are going to have enough time to devote to it.

Edited by Huwajux

• Content Count:  2085

Short story, this person will practically be my right hand man/girl.

I thought that was your fiance's job. :V (insert more lame jokes here)

Jokes aside, cool. I wonder who'd be good at it. I think that if you request something publicly like if you needed some quick PHP done or something, people would probably do it. I don't know if anyone is able to give out a lot of time. If someone is able to, congrats, hope you have fun and expand the community.

• Content Count:  3440

I think that I could own this job.

If I only had the time. RL is unfortunately way too demanding of me right now. It's good to see this position being brought back and I feel the community really needs it. I don't think I should apply due to my time/schedule constraints, however if you need any help that I am able to give let me know.

• Content Count:  4960

* Manage the EC's, discuss ideas, and server events, etc.

I know Bob and Pres good, and i don't have any trouble with them.

* Manage all 3rd party sites/applications.

* Manage all advertising.

I love making texts and images for this sort of stuff. I think general knowledge of the adobe package could be very handy.

* Recommend upgrades, and general marketing aspects for the community.

That's a requirement that complies to the BD's trusting you, because giving bad advice is even worse than abusing admin or any other servercrime.

* Research what the community like/not

There are enough polls around, but maybe a general marketing section on the forum should be thought of in vB4.

* Give ideas to the BD's to discuss.

Adding/Removing servers, ...

* Assist GarfieldH on Community marketing.

Working with the penis pig? Looks fun xD

* Upkeep the image of SG, and help expand.

I have good knowledge of photoshop and etc...

Maybe i'll apply for this job, who won't apply, won't be the MA...

• Like 1

Reply to Thread