? servers

? players online

Remove show-damage on ZE

• Content Count:  2085

It's useless and a waste of CPU and bandwidth to have "damage: x" ticker popup when in ZE. I propose it be removed and hopefully the server will run lighter. It's useless.

• Content Count:  8383

I dont have any lag issues with it, and actually enjoy seeing im hitting the zombie when Im from a far distance so personally I think it should stay.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2043

I like it a lot. It shows that youre actually hitting them while running or shooting from long distance.

I dont have any lag problems with it either. And I dont get how does it actually use so much cpu?

• Content Count:  2085

I am referring to possible server-side lag. Not client-side lag.

The server needs to hook and send the damages to each client when it happens, which I assume puts some sort of strain on the CPU. In big gun battles, hence, the server FPS drops down a lot.

• Content Count:  227

Starbucks it just shows how much damage you do to them the zombies don't have a total health, and I like it since it shows that you are actually doing something for your team.

• Content Count:  2959

The server records and sends players this information ANYWAY, that's why hacks are able to display it and after you die you get a "Damage given/taken" readout. The only difference is this tells you as you do it instead of just storing it for later.

[edit]

And furthermore sending players pure text information like this would be on the order of individual bytes, it's equivalent to text chat.

Reply to Thread