? servers

? players online

Technical backend update

• Content Count:  1300

Because of the sheer complexity of tracking and deploying the various changes I am working on, and because many people wanted to know how far along the conversion process is I have decided to put up my worklog list and will just update this post/thread as things move forward.

Please Note This isnt complete, but it is as far as I have gotten to this point today.

Also please note that Valve continues to screw up the CSS OB engine with updates so things are breaking a lot in the span of 12 hours (3 updates)

• Backend Conversion
    • Website/host work(in support and training phase for now)
      • Globalbans removed and rehosted (complete)
      • Sourcebans website install (complete and in support phase)
        • SID Bans Migrated (complete)
        • IP Bans Migrated (complete)
        • Userlist Migrated (complete) (thank jen and caution)
          • Ranks created and sorted(complete)
          • Admins (complete)
          • Supporters (complete)
          • Higherups (complete)
          • Various other user info (complete)

[*]Support threads created for bugs, login issues, and command flagging issues (complete)(Jen) (Tyrant)

[*]Write custom ban reasons list and update themes for dropdown menu use (completed dark theme)

[*] Support tickets in for port forwarding (completed) (10 emails with host)

[*] Begin transfer of MYSQL databases from test site to live site (completed)

• Import Databases from .Org to .Com (failed) (completed after retry, see below)
            • Scrub Databases after install and drop Old data in again (complete)
            • Secure backups and remote access information after backups complete (complete)
            • Rename Database and assign appropriate users (complete)
            • Databases Pass repair and testing access (complete)
            • Backups checked for corruption or inconsistency and then move to offsite hosting(complete)(copies on dedi and on local machines)

[*] Server Side Conversions (complete and into cvar tweaking and support stages until ZM is updated)

• Recover old Server backups for Sourcemod plugins (complete)

• Create test server (complete)
        • Begin porting plugins in and testing individually for main SM functionality (complete)
        • Find replacements or updates for Orangebox for security mods(50%-75% complete)
        • Import Sourcebans plugins, begin interface testing and error debugging (complete)
          • Admins are throwing warning errors in SB logs, test for bad names (complete)
            • SB cannot handle / in user names for logins and admins, replace / with _ instead (complete)

[*] Begin finding or recreating plugins for mani style menu usage (75% complete)

• grab list of Mani powers for SA's and SG-A's
              • SA listing (complete)
              • SG-A listing (complete)

[*] Custom reflag all commands into Admin_override so SB doesnt overwrite them (complete)

[*] Create custom Mani style menu for commands SA/SG-A will use (complete)

• Test SA/SG-A Menus with various SG-A's /SA's to ensure they are functioning properly (complete for now) (Skitz) (Phonicz)(Jen)(Beth)(Caution) tested ok

[*] Create custom Mani style menu for commands that AO+ will use (WIP every server has different requirements) (MG special needs menu?)(see servers for individual status)

[*] Recompile plugins to remove commands that crash the server (still testing see above custom menu issues)(mostly sorted)

[*] Begin pulling brand new backups of each server and check for mod functionality in SM (WIP)

• PrisonBreak (complete)
                • Jailbreak mod (No mod functionality in SM, keep ES)
                • Mutescript functions but Complaints of console spam being worse then no script (No way to silence without removing vital admin info, remove replace or install with warning)
                • New hosties mod for SM is NOT compatible with our Rules/style
                • Jihadmod see if it or a dirty hack of it will work in PB (Not possible with current ES)
                • Go full scale testing of all PB mods Before deployment (complete)

[*] Escape (complete til ZM updates)

• Zombie reloaded seems to be working,(sorted a few cvars may need a revisit)
                • Connected to Sourcebans (complete)
                • Move menu system and other plugins over (once testing is complete.)(completed)
                • Try noblock script for SM in case Escape requires it (WIP)
                • Move Super Cmds and security fixes to escape (complete)

[*]Minigames (complete and in support mode)

• Map config plugin and dissolver plugin (found and completed/installed)
                • No block SM version needed (found and installing)
                • Give weapons and error messages related to bad map calls (fixed and completed)
                • Uploading maps and configs for map specific files(paul is WIP)
                • Roll server out as stable release #2 (within 2 days or less WIP Paul claims stable now)
                • Hide delete server button from Paul (completed, extra backups incase he figures it out)

[*]Gmod/TTT(complete and in support mode)

• Get TTT stable/shoot garry (completed Spartan)
                • Sourcebans integration(completed)
                • Transfer banlist to and from TTT while sorting out SB (complete)
                • Get spartan to test whether crash still happen on load(WIP 7-8-10)
                • Readd cstrike folder under OB (Completed)

[*]Defuse (done besides KAC)

• Server is stable and will be dealt with later after i sort another read only error plaguing the new OB engine
                • Begin testing of no sockets version of KAC (WIP)
                • Swap to spectator coding (completed and added to menu, transfer to other servers)
                • SM_rates and other rate checks coded and reconfiged to match new cvar rules (completed and installed on test server)
                • Set cvars for balancing the teams and swapping teams for SA+(completed)
                • Saving space for more updates as needed

[*]Surf (complete)

• Space reserved incase any of the other server mods are not enough for surf management

[*]Trikz (complete)

• Try to get multimod menu stable for more then 10 minutes (WIP)
                • Check for SM versions to handle the Es versions of multimod (none exist)
                • Get trikz capable players to test and critique the setup to their liking if possible once SM is live (WIP)

update 5:45 am 7-8-10 Gmod sourcebans and admin integration is complete, as is the single user crash files updated.

update 12:22 pm 7-8-10 gmod TTT is back and on full load testing.

update 5:10pm 7-8-10 surf and Defuse are up, defuse will be tweaked with Kigen anti cheat as time permits

update 6:10 trikz is live with the old version of the menu, please test it and if needed we can go back to the crazytricks menu easily.

update 730pm PB is live and stable. all servers done

• Like 24
Edited by Jager

• Content Count:  2596

I'm glad that my love is what pushes you to do this!

also if im on im usually bored out of my mind 90% of the time, and i owe you for the server help XD

Edited by Shamwow!

• Content Count:  6213

Thanks for all the work you're doing brosef. Like I've said, if you need any help with shit, just give me a holla holla.

What he said, but less gay.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  5086

=[ So much left to do, but nonetheless good job Jager. Just ask if you need help when I'm around~

• Like 1
Edited by jeN

Reply to Thread