? servers

? players online

Laggy.....

• Content Count:  1755

Lately, I have been lagging alot. Not because of the servers but because something is messed up somewhere. I get 700 ping in the servers and this all started a couple days ago. I have Comcast and the service is just slower since around Thursday.....-.- I have tried all the simple things. Restart the modem and router, check if someone hacked into the wireless sucking up my internet and spyware/virus scans. I am still lagging, any suggestions why? Is it Comcast's part or my part? I am tired and thought I'd leave this up over night and see what responses I git. But in the morning I am gonna just try a direct link to the modem box and see if its the router causing lag. But if that fails, I don't know.

P.S.- Never had a problem with my wireless router and it never gave me lag before so idk.

P.S.S.- I may just borrow my neighbor's internet for the time being D;

Edited by VirDeBello

• Content Count:  4473

P.S.S.S - That is illegal, so be sure to give your neighbor back the internet you took :p

Maybe Comcast is screwing you over by doing something...it is Comcast after all.

For all you know your neighbor is borrowing YOUR internet

• Content Count:  1933

Oh my god i was there in GG when you had a 689 ping.

Comcast just fails, my box says "This channel will be avalaible shortly" for hours before bringing me back to the pixilated choppy images that it presents to me.

Sol :)

P.S.S.S - That is illegal, so be sure to give your neighbor back the internet you took :p

Maybe Comcast is screwing you over by doing something...it is Comcast after all.

For all you know your neighbor is borrowing YOUR internet

lol Actually its not illegal if they don't have a password on it, they could try to bring it to court but it would never stick. And there are apartments by me so it would be hard for them to point it to me.

And I checked the wireless router to see if anyone was on it and no one expect my laptop and my mom's laptop.

• Content Count:  6559

I don't know if you have roommates or not.

But a few months ago I started getting out the ass ping and lag and I bought a new router which could handle more traffic and that fixed it.

Apparently our old router just shit itself and couldn't handle our traffic anymore.

I don't know if you have roommates or not.

But a few months ago I started getting out the ass ping and lag and I bought a new router which could handle more traffic and that fixed it.

Apparently our old router just shit itself and couldn't handle our traffic anymore.

Yeah that is true.....our router is pretty old, perhaps time for an update. And yeah I remember you told us on vent awhile ago of your gaming router you got I think. How much was it?

• Content Count:  4473

Well, your best bet is not to "borrow" your neighbors connection because it MAY be illegal depending on where you live. You can ask your neighbor if you can use it, but if they are at all techinical (which I assume they aren't because they don't try to encrypt their network), they can see you on the network and you will be penalized for all kinds of legal crap you don't want to get involved in.

It is probably Comcast's fault, so if your neighbors have the same thing, then their network won't be of much use.

Reply to Thread