? servers

? players online

SLi Compatible?

• Content Count:  135

as long as it's the same chipset, you can SLI those two but i'm guessing you already got the Ultra and want to add a GTX. like omega said, you'll have to OC the GTX or the SLi will run at the settings of the lower card. the GT i believe is a newer chipset.

• Content Count:  1230

thought you can if you "downgrade" the ultra to match the gtx by flashing the bios then oc both...

You can flash the bios, but it's not as simple as it sounds. It really depends on what brand card you have.

• Content Count:  41

You can flash the bios, but it's not as simple as it sounds. It really depends on what brand card you have.

Asus.

Right now I have a GTX and I could technically oc it since I replaced the stock fan with a better one. I planned to oc it so thats why I bought a different fan for it, but also lot of people were saying that it would get really hot while running full load, around 90c. But with the fan I haven't seen it get over 60c, not even while playing Crysis or UT3. Anyways that's beside the point. I'm not entirely sure if I want to get another card just becuase I don't really need another one yet, but I've noticed couple of fps drops in some of the maps in UT3, but nothing horrible. Anyways I feel that my question has been answered, thanks for the input!

Edited by Xearo

Reply to Thread