? servers

? players online

Forum Changes

• Content Count:  2009

Well lately ZM been growing and tbh I didn't expect it to get to this point for a long time, unfortantly it has. Ofc I'm talking about all the spam and flamming that has been going around lately, most noticeably, the complaints, appeal and buy admin section, so I made some changes.

Unless you are the register user making the thread, you will not be allowed to post in the thread, only admins are allowed and thanks to vbulletin, I've implemented some settings that will enforce this.

What this means is, if your a register user, you can make threads in the complaints and buy admin section and reply to them, however if someone else makes a thread, you won't be allowed to post in that.

In the case of buy admin, this is temporary, until I have a chance to write up some guidelines for it.

Also a note on the flamming going around, I've set the AO permissions so they can now ban users and instructed them to remove any flamers/trouble makers and as an example Italian Jew is currently serving a 1 week ban for his personal crusade against microshock and yes Italian Jew is an admin, which makes it a great example to other admins, knowing they are not immune from the rules.

• Content Count:  1554

Italian Jew never said he was immune from the rules...and the other admins are not stupid and do not need examples...

Apparently he needs to review the rules and learn from his own punishment.

should regular users that have supporting evidence for a complaint PM you or something?

Yes they should PM all of the following people.

Cloud Strike

James

Silent

Red Tampon

One of them will check the evidence.

Italian Jew never said he was immune from the rules...and the other admins are not stupid and do not need examples...

Obviously he doesnt believe that or he wouldnt be banned.

• Content Count:  876

I have been out of town for a week and I just logged on to find a bit of a change in the forums. Any comments to my post would be appreciated as that I would like to clear up any misconceptions on my part.

I believe forum activity for most members will drastically drop. This forum has 309 active members (minus the 43 admins) who are no longer able to post in any relevant threads. I understand why the changes were made (I guess things have gone askew while I was gone), but now I cannot post in any of the discussion threads concerning any server. It seems that I can only post if I initiate the thread or in the off-topic threads. Also, I cannot view any screenshots or demo's.

The servers located within this community are the best. I have been playing CSS since it was released and I have never joined the forum that supported a server until now. I joined because I enjoy the servers here and I wanted to be able to contribute to the discussion that improves the game experience for everyone.

I understand that the maintenace of these forums is not the full-time job for the administrative personnel, although the workload may indicate otherwise. But not allowing members to post may alienate most of the server community. May I suggest a delegation of responsibility. The growth of your forums is a wonderful thing. With growth comes change. Perhaps an appointment of an individual to moderate each forum would help reduce your workload, yet still allow for a free-flow discussion of maps, suggestions, ect, from all forum members.

My interest in your servers was greatly increased after joining the forums. Without the ability to post, I would hate to think that a person who visited your server for the first time today, who also visited your forum for the first time today, will not have the privilege or the opportunity to develop the relationships with other players that I have been able to only because I joined a month sooner.

Thanks for listening. I should be back in town in a few days. See you in the servers then!

I believe forum activity for most members will drastically drop. This forum has 309 active members (minus the 43 admins) who are no longer able to post in any relevant threads. I understand why the changes were made (I guess things have gone askew while I was gone), but now I cannot post in any of the discussion threads concerning any server. It seems that I can only post if I initiate the thread or in the off-topic threads. Also, I cannot view any screenshots or demo's.

Shouldnt affect discussion sections, i'll check on that as for the section it is supposed to affect, users shouldnt be posting in any thread that got nothing to do with them anyways.

Reply to Thread