? servers

? players online

Mic Spamming, what is it really?

• Content Count:  142

What is considered Mic Spamming? As a Reg now I was kicked without warning by an Admin for Mic Spamming. I was told by said Admin, who will remain nameless or I'd lodge a complaint, that any use of HLSS or other wise is Mic Spamming... that any sound clip played is Mic Spamming. I was under the impression that Mic Spamming meant you were either using the Microphone in excess with your own voice OR playing long sound clips (over 5 seconds or repeatedly). Could someone please tell me what SG considers spamming? I imagine this has been covered or there is a rulebook somewhere, but I wanted to have a discussion about it.

:confused1:

• Content Count:  1752

any use of HLSS or other wise is Mic Spamming... that any sound clip played is Mic Spamming.

I don't really think so. If somebody has a short and quiet recording of a funny or simple statement, like "om nom nom" or "stop whining", if it is quiet and isn't an annoyance I will usually allow it. If you play a sound like this repeatedly though, I will usually tell them to stop or mute them. If they continue it leads to kick/short ban.

Edited by Trogdor

• Content Count:  546

I remember when Billy Mays was on a while ago and had a lot of Billy Mays audio clips he kept playing and everyone thought it was funny except the admin :(

• Content Count:  1000

My definition of mic spamming is anything said or done over the mic that is unnecessary. HLSS, HLDJ, crying, yelling, laughing, and the likes.

• Content Count:  480

Since I don't have a mic, and my computer for some reason unknown to me and to microsoft doesn't

support mics, I use HLSS every time I play, using the classic "Stop Whining" and towelie's well-

known "Wanna get high?" Sometimes, I'll admit to playing a song when EVERYONE agrees and doesn't

object. As long as NO ONE minds and EVERYONE is having fun with it, I believe admins shouldn't

care, because in the end, isn't having fun what being on an SG server is all about?

• Content Count:  4685

Since I don't have a mic, and my computer for some reason unknown to me and to microsoft doesn't

support mics, I use HLSS every time I play, using the classic "Stop Whining" and towelie's well-

known "Wanna get high?" Sometimes, I'll admit to playing a song when EVERYONE agrees and doesn't

object. As long as NO ONE minds and EVERYONE is having fun with it, I believe admins shouldn't

care, because in the end, isn't having fun what being on an SG server is all about?

Nope.

Reply to Thread