? servers

? players online

proposition to stop armory camping.

• Content Count:  103

So the other day, i was playing prisonbreak, and i got an idea that could be a fair way to deter armory camping. This wouldnt require additional coding, just an admin that could enforce the rules. Basically, my idea is this: after there are only TWO minutes left, which means the majority of the five minute round has passed, cts are not allowed back into the armory. by 2:00, the guards will have definitely gotten their guns, organized the prisoners, and will have gotten them to their locations, leaving almost no reason to go back into the armory except for protection. This rule could stop the guards from dragging out the round and just generally making the game boring for everyone else. It could also keep people from getting angry, raging, spreading bad things about servers, and things like that. Id like to hear everyones opinion on a rule such as this that could make prisonbreak a more fun server to play on.

• Content Count:  3391

I think that this rule should only be applied when there are 1 or 2 CTs left. Not being allowed back at all is silly. I've often had to run back to get another weapon or to kill a T that ran in there. The only real way this could be implemented is with some timed teleportation. Meaning, if you're in the armory for more than 15 seconds, it warps you out.

• Content Count:  103

to answer thevirus and gamefreaks posts, i agree, ammo would be a problem.. but to be honest virus, 15 seconds isnt long enough, and people could walk out, and then back in. or get warped out, and then walk back in. gamefreak, that is a very good point but in most maps, your guns are given extra ammo anyway. also, i completely agree with the one or two cts left thing that virus said, if we did that, i think it could clear up a lot of problems.

• Content Count:  1590

Umh ye its a good idea but what if we need new ammo ?

I dont think you would need to get ammo unless you free kill because you shouldent use that much ammo in the first place for a warning shot and it wont take much to kill someone.

I think this should be a rule to it gets annoying, especially when someone does manage to get to the armory theres a guard there camping the portal.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3391

to answer thevirus and gamefreaks posts, i agree, ammo would be a problem.. but to be honest virus, 15 seconds isnt long enough, and people could walk out, and then back in. or get warped out, and then walk back in. gamefreak, that is a very good point but in most maps, your guns are given extra ammo anyway. also, i completely agree with the one or two cts left thing that virus said, if we did that, i think it could clear up a lot of problems.

If it's a rule and someone constantly goes back in there, then they are up for a ban. The 15 second rule is just an arbitrary number that I thought of. It'd have to be different for each map, depending on where the weapons are in relation to the warp area.

Another idea is to just have all the doors open up when there are 1 or 2 CTs left. That way they can't just sit behind a sealed door and pick people coming from one point of entry. In fact, I think that would be the best and easiest thing to do.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.