? servers

? players online

Resurrection

• Content Count:  4198

I think that having a resurrection command for admins on the Prison Break servers would be a very useful thing indeed. Earlier today I had to slay someone and when I went to hit his name on the list I slayed someone else by mistake. I apologised to the individual as best I could, which unfortunately was all I could really do.

However, with the resurrection command admins could revive people who had been blatantly freekilled so as to keep their misfortune to a minimum. People freekill all the time. When someone is freekilled then the slaying of the freekiller is all well and good, but it kind of sucks for the player, since he has to sit out the rest of the round due to someone else's ignorance.

Of course, there are a number of issues which could arise if this command was added. Firstly, the abuse of such a command would have to be carefully taken into consideration. Secondly, the mute system that is in place could mess up with people who have been resurrected. And lastly I am unsure as to where the resurrected would spawn, because if it was back in their cells this would cause an irritance to the Cts who are trying to keep and eye on everyone.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  119

Yeah- admins would resurrect themselves every fucking 10 seconds. If you read my ban appeal- you will see what I mean. Admins are already very abusive.

Maybe we should only allow good admins to have it? Those of whom everyone likes? Like you: Huwajux!

• Content Count:  1752

Yeah- admins would resurrect themselves every fucking 10 seconds. If you read my ban appeal- you will see what I mean. Admins are already very abusive.

Maybe we should only allow good admins to have it? Those of whom everyone likes? Like you: Huwajux!

No. Don't make a statement like "Admins are already very abusive". Some yes, but the majority no.

On topic, I dont see why this would be a bad idea. Simply tell another admin to come in or record/ss if an admin is abusing the power. Nine times out of ten if an admin is abusing, they'll do the same thing again if they don't get caught the first time.

Edited by Trogdor

• Content Count:  4198

No, this wouldn't work. Every son of a bitch would QQ so much about being freekilled and ask to be rezzed every round.

They would be muted so I don't see how they could ask. It should be down to the admin and only be used when absolutely sure of a freekill.

Beyond the point the script for this would be complex, but simular to !zspawn command, but like everyone said this would be a very abused command. You're better off trying to find a solution to freekilling.

The script already exists, nobody will have to manually make a new one (Unless you are talking about making a completely new one in order to work well with the other PB scripts in place). Usually when someone is resurrected it says "(ADMIN) [sG] Huwajux resurrected player [sG] SpikedRocker", so it is clear who is getting resurrected, and if a player feels an admin is abusing it then could not a simple demo of the abuse fix this?

I would love to find a solution to freekilling but that is clearly proving a lot more difficult (unless of course you were being sarcastic :embarrest:). I don't think you could ever solve the issue of freekilling with scripts, because a 'freekill' is determined as valid or not by the orders given out by the Ct. If a script was designed to slay freekillers, how would it know what orders were given out?

At least with the resurrection script the negative effects of a freekiller are reduced to a minimum. It could also be used when a Ct is trying to kill a rebeller but someone gets in the way. The Ct could tell the admin that he did not mean to kill that person and he could be resurrected.

It's a shame if this script is going to be too problematic for the server, because I think if it isn't added, freekill-tell is going to be the only and best thing we've got to tackle freekillers.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.