? servers

? players online

For those who doesn't know what ''Bumping'' is.

• Content Count:  4980

Explanation: ''Bumping'' is when you reply to an old post. (Or to a ''Thread'' for that matter) older than 5 days. For example if this thread was going to be more than 5 days old (6 days) then if I for example was to reply 6 days after the post then that means that i've ''bumped'' the Thread/Post. (Because i've replied to a Thread/Post older than 5 days.) If you post something to a Thread less than 5 days for that matter, then your's/Who ever's post does not count as a ''Bump'' post.

How do you know that the ''Thread'' or ''Post'' is old?:

It is very easy to know if a post or ''Thread'' is old. The logical way that I thinked was that do NOT reply a post that were in last pages. The easy way is to just simply look at the date shown at the left-top-corner of the post/thread. (Right above the name!) For example my ''LOLOLOL'' post that I made was yesterday which you can clearly see at the top of the post. Today is the 9th of May, if I post something for example on the 17th of May then i'm bumping the actual ''Thread.'' Because 5 days has gone. (For this example 8 days have gone.) See what I mean?

Edit if i'm wrong.

Sticky if you think it's good.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3457

Explanation: ''Bumping'' is when you reply to an old post. (Or to a ''Thread'' for that matter) older than 5 days. For example if this thread was going to be more than 5 days old (6 days) then if I for example was to reply 6 days after the post then that means that i've ''bumped'' the Thread/Post. (Because i've replied to a Thread/Post older than 5 days.) If you post something to a Thread less than 5 days for that matter, then your's/Who ever's post does not count as a ''Bump'' post.

How do you know that the ''Thread'' or ''Post'' is old?:

It is very easy to know if a post or ''Thread'' is old. The logical way that I thinked was that do NOT reply a post that were in last pages. The easy way is to just simply look at the date shown at the left-top-corner of the post/thread. (Right above the name!) For example my ''LOLOLOL'' post that I made was yesterday which you can clearly see at the top of the post. Today is the 9th of May, if I post something for example on the 17th of May then i'm bumping the actual ''Thread.'' Because 5 days has gone. (For this example 8 days have gone.) See what I mean?

Edit if i'm wrong.

Sticky if you think it's good.

I think it is a good explanation, but what if people were away for like a week or so and don't read what is posted that week, would it still be considered bumping if they reply to a thread made a week ago?

• Content Count:  6213

I consider it more bumping when it's a useless thread and they bump it to say like "LOL!" or something along those lines. It's rather annoying.

• Content Count:  4960

Well bumping is pretty much posting in a thread to "bump" it up to the top of the thread list of the certain sub forum. Hence the name "Bumping". So if you keep posting in your own thread or a friends thread just to keep it at the top that can also be considered bumping. It's not all about posting in an old thread. Sites like Bungie.net automatically ban the accused a week for it which I find very funny :p Nice definition though.

• Like 1
Edited by Coffee Crisp

I think it is a good explanation, but what if people were away for like a week or so and don't read what is posted that week, would it still be considered bumping if they reply to a thread made a week ago?

It's just to look at the date when the post was posted.

I consider it more bumping when it's a useless thread and they bump it to say like "LOL!" or something along those lines. It's rather annoying.

Yeah, that's maybe annoying for some people. But if you post to an old thread, then it's bumping?

Well bumping is pretty much posting in a thread to "bump" it up to the top of the thread list of the certain sub forum. Hence the name "Bumping". So if you keep posting in your own thread or a friends thread just to keep it at the top that can also be considered bumping. It's not all about posting in an old thread. Sites like Bungie.net automatically ban the accused a week for it which I find very funny :p Nice definition though.

Yeah, that can also be bumping. I did not know that earlier but now I know. Thank you!

Edited by Jazz

• Content Count:  8383

I also think this is considered bumping more then someone just posting in a old thread, because maybe its a thread pertaining to a What if question or something of that nature then if someone gave their opinion I dont see anything wrong with it. Altho if a person just posted to just get his/her post count up, to make a dumb post, or to just reply with a 3 letter comment then I believe its bumping/or Necroing if it is useless to the discussion or is no longer needed. :p

:bump:

lol, Good example!

EDIT: If you don't know what ''Sticky'' Threads are then i'm going to tell you now. Sticky threads are basically threads, but they are really good, useful, and info-full threads. As you can see there are not many Sticky threads in most of the sections, except for like off-topic. You CAN bump Sticky threads, they NEVER get old untill any higher up (AO,BD,VP,PO) un-sticky it. Sticky threads are posted in light-blue and are at the top of the page section.

Edited by Jazz

Reply to Thread