? servers

? players online

Voteban?

• Content Count:  17

Currently there is no voteban function on the Mutiny server. I have heard a lot of things, from "someone is trying to get it back up right now" to "admins were getting banned so we took it out". Ok, I realize that admins getting banned is a problem, but isn't there a way to make admins exempt from the voteban list? When no admins are on, there is always someone (or more than one person) freekilling, planting, etc.

I know that I could try to get an admin in there, but that takes a while, and demoing the person and uploading it to the forums is even more time consuming. Please reconsider adding voteban back to the servers; they really need it.

Thanks.

• Content Count:  17

Pros:

-Server users can control rule breakers to a higher extent when admins are not on the server.

-Those who would think about breaking the rules may reconsider due to the chance of punishment.

-During the ban time, there would be enough time to find an admin and get him/her to come into the server to ensure that if the rule breaker does come back, he/she would get banned.

-Give players peace of mind that rule breakers do not in fact own their server, and that the majority of players who actually want to play can kick said rule breakers out.

I can see that kicking admins out of the server is a problem, but I feel like the need for punishment when admins are not on the server (which is about half of the time) outweighs the disadvantages of having votekick/voteban back.

• Content Count:  2596

I think a big CON (or what ever one means bad)

This happened to me last night one of my friends was a CT and he was being a good CT i.e making strict rules and killing/ wounding people who didnt listen. And after like three rounds people new to the serv started typing Voteban. Although freekillers are annoying people who use the Voteban feature tend to fly off the handel because of the mutes and dont have the descration an admin would have. Voteban needs to stay off because its abused by people who are annoyed by someone or dont like someone. Ive been on other prison breaks were CT's get votebanned immdietly after they kill someone for breaking a rule.

*sorry bout bad spelling*

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.