? servers

? players online

Tribute

• Content Count:  958

Our forum doesnt have a memorial of Scatman John and Clifford Lee Burton, and im ashamed of you all!

Rest in peace, Scatman John

Rest in peace, Clifford Lee Burton

So solid and so real,so vibrant and alive,

A happy face with twinkling eyes, my fine young man, my child.

My first-born son, my Adam, the apple of my eye,

so cruelly taken from me, I never said goodbye.

Scatman:

John Paul Larkin (March 13, 1942–December 3, 1999), better known as Scatman John (sometimes credited as Scatman internationally), was a famous American stuttering jazz musician and poet who created a unique fusion of scat singing and house music, best known for his 1994 hit "Scatman (Ski Ba Bop Ba Dop Bop)". As he liked to say, this was a process of "turning my biggest problem into my biggest asset". He has sold millions of recordings worldwide and was named "Best New Artist" in the Echo Awards in both Japan and Germany. He was a recipient of the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association's Annie Glenn Award for outstanding service to the stuttering community and was inducted into the United States National Stuttering Association Hall of Fame.

mpHLEm9-0bg

Cliff

Clifford Lee Burton (February 10, 1962 – September 27, 1986) was a bass guitarist best known for his work with the American heavy metal band Metallica from 1982 until his death in 1986. As a bassist he made heavy use of distortion and effects (several of which are usually associated with non-bass guitars), best exemplified on his signature piece, "(Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth".

Burton's early influence was essential in creating the unique musical style for which Metallica became famous. Burton joined the band in 1982 and performed on their debut album, Kill 'Em All, which was composed of songs that had been written prior to his arrival. Burton's influence was heavier on the follow-up, Ride the Lightning, which showcased the band's evolving compositional technique. Burton's final album with Metallica, Master of Puppets, was a major commercial and critical success. Burton died in 1986 when the band's tour bus overturned in Sweden while the band was on tour promoting Master of Puppets.

Pm02dZdF76g

t9EjWPc7MDk&

Reply to Thread