? servers

? players online

Freerunning

• Content Count:  420

Well, Anybody heard of freerunning?

Well i have been doing the sport for about 1 year now and train regulaly with a proffetional team, and find freerunning, stress reliving and really fun, anyways, here's what the sport's about,

Free running is a physical art, in which participants (free runners) use the urban and rural areas to perform movements through its structures focused on freedom and beauty. It incorporates efficient movements from parkour, adds aesthetic vaults and other acrobatics, such as tricking and street stunts, creating an athletic and aesthetically pleasing way of moving. It is commonly practiced at gymnasiums and in urban areas that are cluttered with obstacles.

The term free running was coined during the filming of Jump London, as a way to present parkour to the English-speaking world. However, free running and parkour are separate, distinct concepts — a distinction which is often missed due to the aesthetic similarities. Parkour as a discipline comprises efficiency, whilst free running embodies complete freedom of movement — and includes many acrobatic manoeuvres. Although often the two are physically similar, the mindsets of each are vastly different. The founder Sébastien Foucan defines free running as a discipline to self development, following your own way.

Peronnaly,I dont do it to show of, i do it because i find it fun to do!

try it out!

Peace out.

Epic-Bread-Man

Edited by Epic Bread Man

• Content Count:  420

Nice spiked rocker, it really does get you in good shape,

and a shame you quite man, people find time for the sport even at the age of 35!

and i know a few pro's at that age who still practace the sport, which is amazing to see,

and lol wrathek..what's the harm in giving it a go man? you knever know unless you try?

but whatever man :) up to you i suppose,

anyways more comment's please!

would be interested in seeing who actually does parkour in these forum's ^_^

Peace,

Epic-Bread-Man

• Content Count:  6712

Yeah I saw the Jump London programmes, was really good.

I used to do a bit of this as young child but I wouldn't last very long now :X (imagines groin when slipping trying to jump from bollard to bollard).

It looks cool when you see the really good guys, but it takes lots of fitness training and practice!

• Content Count:  6712

I was wandering if people had actually died from the sport yet.

Considering you jump around some really dangerous buildings and terrains, you'd expect it. Also think what would of happened if the guy on Jump Britain didn't make the jump over the gap in the Millenium Stadium roof.

"Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo *breath*.....................NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO *splat* ow.....that 500ft fall hurt my ass.

Reply to Thread