? servers

? players online

You have to witness the kill to punish them

• Content Count:  6712

This is such a stupid rule, if it actually is a rule. Its not actually on the motd and guys are complaining that this is a rule, so I want it to be clarified.

1. A guy knives someone, I didn't see it other than in the top corner of the screen.

2. 2 seconds later I see him, and kill him.

Why is this against the rules? It makes NO SENSE. If you choose to rebel, you have rebel'd and unless the cts forgive you you are a rebel from then on.

Theres a difference between going in a vent when no one sees and later walking around like nothing has happened and walking around 2 seconds after you kill someone behind a wall like nothing happened.

I don't think this should be a rule, because Prison break is a team game, and if your fellow ct dies and you know about (whether its from writing or sight) it shouldn't matter, especially if it just happened in the last 30 seconds.

• Content Count:  665

It is not in motd, maybe should be added. The thinking behind it is if you don't physically see it, then how would you know it did? Guards in a prison don't have console to tell them another guard just got shanked. This has always been enforced by SA, and higher since server was started, as far as I know. Never seen it otherwise. Hopefully some of the higher ups will get together and make it official.

I don't think it should be, because this game isn't based on "real life" otherwise you'd be in your cells for the majority of the time, and you wouldn't be able to walk up to a prison guard and shank him either.

It is stupid when you know someone has rebel'd but you can't do anything. How far is this "rule" going to go???? He killed someone behind a wall and I killed him 2 seconds later. I didn't physically see it, but I don't have to. In all cases you don't have to see someone to know what they did, we aren't 4 year old children.

• Content Count:  1285

It's as Lux said, realism just CAN'T be used in the PB servers. A guard would not sit in a vent all day to make sure they were not entering in. In fact, a guard would make sure that any ventilation shaft is completely sealed up and not even be in a cell in the first place.

Also, in most maps those that do get into the ventilation shaft will have a couple of guns at the end. Does a guard just grab a M4A1/P90 just to leave in there for the sake of things?

Not to mention if we were to do realism, the guards would not leave knives in each prisoner's hands.

• Content Count:  665

Yeah, it is not based on "real prison", however if CT's can kill whoever they see make a kill in console then T's won't stand a chance, most the time. The server has been played where kill has to be seen any time I have been in and it works well this way. I think if CT's can kill whoever they see does something in console will also impact attendance in our server, and this also has to be considered. As most other PB servers I have been in also want kill to be seen, and most prefer it this way. One other option to decide this, run poll on forums to get majority opinion. And make it where if you vote, then tell why.

I don't think anyone looks through console, but I saw this guy kill someone at the top right and I checked console to make sure, and then killed him.

In the other servers I have been on, once you rebel you are always a REBEL and your forgiveness is entirely up to the cts DISCRESSION.

Its too easy for t's if they can kill cts who aren't camping and making it boring and get away with it. If you imply this kind of rule, people will just camp in armoury, and stick together etc.

• Content Count:  769

Lol that was never a rule to begin with. Besides If they killed one of your teammates there is a high possibility of them having a gun. Also I guess in a way think of them being flagged for the rest of the entire round for an instant kill on site.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.