? servers

? players online

vista=lag?

• Content Count:  1406

xp and vista differences...

i play css on my hp laptop with vista, amd duel core, a high powered gfx card and 4gigs of ram. my pal reborn plays with xp, 1 gig of ram and a slightly slower cpu. ya ya i know vista sucks for gaming but it sucks that bad? we play the same room and i lag like crazy but he dont get a hint of lag. could it be that vista just sucks ass or is it somethig else that could be causing this. i like vista and dont want to have to downgrade to xp just so i can game.

• Content Count:  6741

spec wise, you should be having a better gaming experience than him.

to my own personal knowledge of XP / Vista, I haven't had a difference with lagging in-game or out and you have more RAM than me, your looking at Vista as if it's the Operating Systems fault, which it isn't. It could be down to overheating, virus's and or spyware.

• Content Count:  3440

I am currently running vista at home and don't experience any lag from running it vs. running xp.. I think something else is going on.. could be driver related.

• Content Count:  1554

I have a Vista laptop and it runs okay...

I wouldn't recommend using your laptop for hardcore gaming because it can heat up pretty fast trying to generate all that god damn graphics.

My laptop gets hot while I watch videos on YouTube.

• Content Count:  1230

Be more specific in your specs. High powered gfx card seems fishy to me. Since you're on a laptop odds are you're running on board video or a media card not meant for gaming. It has an AMD cpu so it's probably the case, since most if not all higher end laptops are using Intel.

Open Steam, click help then system information. Come back and post it's content.

• Content Count:  2238

Wrong, Certain things on vista cause games to run slowly for example UAC turning it off will help. There are chances that the desktop clock thing can have an effect on it not for m but my friend did.

I have vista no problems and would rather have it.

• Content Count:  46

well if this dude wants, i can create a batch file to stop alot of things vista.

cause when i stop everything in vista a get 10 fps+ then xp on games with my 7600gs

p.s. with my own experience, vista can draw farther than xp BUT vista MAY perform slower with anti-alising on wit 7900 graphics cards and below , but with the 8 + series that shouldnt be a problem

o pm me if you want a batch file

Edited by Jose

Reply to Thread