? servers

? players online

Fallout

• Content Count:  1285

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=243314

Interplay's Fallout MMO confirmed

On its new website, back-from-the-dead publisher Interplay has as good as confirmed that it has begun development on a Fallout MMO.

The company said last year that it was seeking funding for the project.

Now, the company's site has announced the opening of a new studio in Orange County, California dedicated to development of its "new MMO, code-named Project V13, headed by original creators of Fallout".

The graphical style of the logo, and the V13 code - most likely short for "Vault 13" - are other strong hints that this project is the massively multiplayer Fallout game.

Interplay's site also carries the news that Chris Taylor, a game designer on the original Fallout at the company, has been hired to take the lead system designer role on Project V13 at the Irvine offices (just down the road from Blizzard, then).

When it was suffering financial troubles, Interplay sold the Fallout franchise to Bethesda (whose Fallout 3 is released this year), but retained the rights to an online Fallout game for itself.

It seems that funding has been found, and work begun in earnest on the project.

Fuck

Yes.

• Content Count:  1349

Agreed.

INTERPLAY IS BACK IN BUSINESS BABY!

It'd be better if Black Isle Studios was back tbh.

In either case, I loved the original Fallout storylines. MMOs on the other hand never have storylines, they can't because of their very nature. So I'll be passing up on this. But hey, since they're forming a new studio where Black Isle used to be located, perhaps we'll get an Icewind Dale MMO next. Then a Baldur's Gate MMO. Then maybe a Planescape: Torment MMO. You can never have enough monthly income, eh?

• Content Count:  6084

In either case, I loved the original Fallout storylines. MMOs on the other hand never have storylines, they can't because of their very nature. So I'll be passing up on this. But hey, since they're forming a new studio where Black Isle used to be located, perhaps we'll get an Icewind Dale MMO next. Then a Baldur's Gate MMO. Then maybe a Planescape: Torment MMO. You can never have enough monthly income, eh?

Indeed, the dialogue from fallout 2 made me maugh my ass off.

• Content Count:  1285

It's true MMOs don't have storylines, but they really aren't supposed to. Yes, it's mmorpg, but remember the abbrev is an MMO. It places emphasis on the fact that it's supposed to have alot of people attempting to immerse themselves in the universe they like, and choose what they want to do.

I mean, at least the gameplay themselves will be different from the fantasy MMOs such as Warhammer and WoW, because instead of being a troll or a orc or a dwarf or whatever, you're pretty much Super-mutant, ghoul, human. As far as human goes, you can be backwater redneck human who's best way of getting married is shotgun wedding, or guy in civilized attire who's just been immersed into Wasteland Hell. Not to mention that the entire world is radioactive so standing around too long can suck big time for you.

Besides, it's not going to be as terrible as you believe it to be since it's not completely new cast of developers, but Chris Taylor from the original team of Fallout 1 will be leading on the game.

Reply to Thread