? servers

? players online

Missing maps: what to do!

• Content Count:  6741

current map listsTUTORIAL ON HOW TO ADD MISSING MAPS

Hopefully this will stop unneeded topics on missing maps!

If by any chance you enter one of our servers and find that you have a missing map and get disconnected, don't fear as this is easily remedied.

Firstly, find the exact name of the map that's missing and download it from the map lists thread.

When you download a map, it's compacted together with Winrar, if you don't have Winrar you cant open the file. Download Winrar for free here

Once you have found the offending map simply extract the .BSP file to:

C: --> Program Files --> Steam --> Steamapps --> common --> Counter-Strike Global Offensive --> csgo --> Maps.

Step By Step Process

For instance if your trying to get on to the Escape server to play on this map called zm_atix_helicopter, your friend says the map is real good but every time you try to play on it it says "missing map disconnecting".

Once you've downloaded the map from either gamebanana.com or the Map Download List using Winrar extract either to your desktop or right click on the .bsp file in Winrar and extract to the correct folder, both ways work fine and which ever suits you best.

I'm going to skip the actual downloading from gamebanana/Download List and go straight into placing it in the right folder as that seems to be where most of the confusion is coming from.

1. Once your on your C: drive, click on Program Files then Steam

spacer.png

2. Click on Steamapps

d5c6ffd719a524801b2cd6caee3fbf21.png

3. Click on common

spacer.png

4. Click on Counter-Strike Global Offensive

75896380356ee9735c6ef55449469a17.png

5. Click on csgo

1115afd909794637712a0329446fd8f3.png

6. Click on Maps

0b3e38c805936784d2ab4b034a642fa2.png

7. Depending on which method you picked, either paste or extract the .bsp file into this folder

faa55f4e0ceda61a5e753d04413fefde.png

Congratulations, you can now play the map.

Easy as pie..right?

Edited by TheZZL
Updated

• Content Count:  18

wat u guys should do is upload all the maps that r on ur servers to this website so players can easily download them. Some maps u guys hav r customized so the right 1 will not be on the internet likely.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4960

every map I've had trouble with myself, I've downloaded off fpsbanana, it's such a good site and has pretty much every map you'll ever need!

fpsbanana is kind of late on released in my opinion and the search bar isn't really good so the map get's digged into the pages.

• Content Count:  958

wat u guys should do is upload all the maps that r on ur servers to this website so players can easily download them. Some maps u guys hav r customized so the right 1 will not be on the internet likely.

I actually like that idea. You could make a link for each server, like Surf (click on surf) and you will get a list of all the surf maps the surf server has. Then you just download it. Dont know if it will be alot of work, but if you could do that i dont think the Missing map would be a big problem. :p Even with this tutorial, which i find easy to understand, many people dont.

• Content Count:  958

every single map that I could not download via the server I've found on fpsbanana, If you search right you will find the map.

yea but you know ... there are some people often called 'noobs' or 'newbs' that dont know how to do things right.

• Content Count:  6242

Just on one server we have over 100 maps. (We are working to reduce that) Ideally it would just be redundant to upload all those maps again. We think we were having issues with our fast downloads server and hoping the new one we are oging to fixes alot of peoples problems.

• Content Count:  6741

yea but you know ... there are some people often called 'noobs' or 'newbs' that dont know how to do things right.

That's what the tutorial is for, to show people how easy it is to do it.

Reply to Thread