? servers

? players online

Windows/ubuntu

• Content Count:  3178

I have a question:

Is there a way to install both windows and ubuntu on 1 computer? (normally yes)

but my main question is:

is there a way like: if you are logged on into windows to switch immediately to ubuntu instead of restarting PC and then choose start as ubuntu?

thx for your help.

greetz nishok

Edited by Nishok

• Content Count:  4123

Yes with Wubi, just insert the cd and Ubutnu wizard will pop up. It will use a folder on your hard drive to load ubuntu. Note Ubuntu will run slower than if you did a regular install. To uninstall ubuntu just remove from add/remove programs.. New version of ubuntu is out in a few days.

• Content Count:  1662

Yes with Wubi, just insert the cd and Ubutnu wizard will pop up. It will use a folder on your hard drive to load ubuntu. Note Ubuntu will run slower than if you did a regular install. To uninstall ubuntu just remove from add/remove programs.. New version of ubuntu is out in a few days.

the reason it runs slower is that windows IS STILL your OS, wubi is an emulator, so uses proccessing power to run both windows and ubuntu.

but the best way of having duel boot, is either having a partition on a hard drive, or get 2 hard drives and install windows on one of them and ubuntu on the other. they will run faster that way.

the only reason you would consider Wubi is if you want a secure browsing environment, if you want to do this just let me know and i will direct u how to do it

you can get an emulator for macs that can run any windows applictions for example, CSS

Edited by tinkerbell

you can get an emulator for macs that can run any windows applictions for example, CSS

orly? so EVERY .exe files (applications) if so can i have the download link plz?

thx for the responds!

orly? so EVERY .exe files (applications) if so can i have the download link plz?

thx for the responds!

u have a mac??

the emulator program for the mac costs a bit, forgot how much though but can find out

link for some FAQ ishttp://www.macworld.com/article/50374/2006/04/winmacfaq.html

but heres the program cost $79.99http://www.parallels.com/en/landingpage/dskd10_4/?gclid=CN3X54zeyJYCFQOx1AodqkvEzA

Edited by tinkerbell

• Content Count:  3440

VMWare is another alternative.. It allows you to run Virtual hosts. We use it alot for servers that are under-utilized. Allowing us to run multiple servers/OS's on the same box. However you will run into performance issues if you are trying to run an emulated/virtual environment on your home PC. I would recommend doing a standard Dual boot for that type scenario.

Tinkerbell i tried that program and its only for

MACOSX not for Ubuntu... :(

and how do you install compiz-fusion on it??? the instalions are... weird i only understand 1/100 of it..

thx

Tinkerbell i tried that program and its only for

MACOSX not for Ubuntu... :(

and how do you install compiz-fusion on it??? the instalions are... weird i only understand 1/100 of it..

thx

yeah, that program was for macs, i did ask u have u a mac, please give details on what operating system u are using atm and for what purpose u want dual boot?

try this forum topic and see if it help cos i dont know what u want to do??

http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/misc/21671-linux-emulator-windows.html

Edited by tinkerbell

Reply to Thread