• Content Count:  678

My sound is not working except for 1 speaker,

it went like this once I upgraded t vista

my headphones won't be detected

and its taking the piss

any ideas?

• Content Count:  6741

sounds like a driver issue..

first you need to find out what speakers you have, usually by the model number on the box or on the speakers themselves, then search on google for "drivers for (your product) download the drivers and run the executable file (.exe) and you should be ok.

if it's not an .exe file, you will need to open device manager and update it manually by clicking on start, right click my computer and click manage, then click on device manager on the left hand side. you probably dont have the right drivers installed so you will probably have a yellow triangle icon showing unknown devices.

on device manager, click on the "+" prefix for sound, video and game controllers and find the driver what your using at the moment for sound and right click update driver, follow the on screen help and find the driver from the specific location where you saved it and hopefully that should sort you out..

hope that helps..

• Content Count:  678

I have problems when installing drivers, they always seem to clash

Any advice on how to avoid this?

Because this is really annoying lol

I can only hear things to the left of me and the right has nothing!

You should hear the terrorists bomb go off... its just a loud thud because of the base

• Content Count:  1230

Are you using a sound card or integrated audio? In either case go into playback devices (Control Panel.Sounds) and make sure everything is configured correctly. Make sure you have the proper playback device enabled, and that it is configured to 5.1 or whatever set-up you have.

Reply to Thread