? servers

? players online

COD5

• Content Count:  2238

Let me say this straight FAIL, once again Treyarch made anoher fail game was playing today on xbox atm theres like 3 maps, ou cant crouch in water all the fractions speek english (with accents) they all have thompsons for some reason? i think all weapons are the same and it takes like 3 seconds to go up a rank tbh ts pretty dam boring the only reasonably good thing is the tanks also with like recon they have dogs BLOODY DOGS which are fake as f*** and the artillery makes a annoying noise when the shells come down z0mg its so annoying

my opinion don't buy the fail game (used beta)

• Content Count:  834

Havok... its the makers of cod3 there not gona change much maybe the start weapons
you know they only had like a 6 month window to make cod3, when they have had over 2 years to make cod5....

• Content Count:  4473

It would be hard to upgrade COD4 with a WWII themed sequel not only because it was pretty damn awesome, but because modern warfare isn't as overly done as WWII. COD5 might be a decent/good game, but my guess is it will not be as great as COD4.

• Content Count:  2936

It would be hard to upgrade COD4 with a WWII themed sequel not only because it was pretty damn awesome, but because modern warfare isn't as overly done as WWII. COD5 might be a decent/good game, but my guess is it will not be as great as COD4.

Im inclined to agree here, after 10 different WW2 FPS games, we moved into "modern warfare" and it was good. It was awesome, and by God, it was new, not rehashed endlessly.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE COD 1 and 2, and the expansion for 1, I even liked Big Red One... but shit man, 6 WW2 games by the same developer, of which 3-4 of them rehashed the SAME battles OVER and OVER again DOES get old.

The pacific has been done before, horribly, by EA and the MOH series, twice.

The problem with the pacific is similar to the problem with BF vietnam: its not something that can be done with the same sort of straight forward gameplay as 1,2,3, or 4. Additionally, the style of jap combat does not really lead to a decent shooter, unless you are thinking of a "black hawk down" style game with droves of inferior units to shoot while ducking loads of incoming fire. Part of what made C4 a good game was the AI being generally semi intelligent, and the story line not absolutely sucking balls. For the first time in a COD game, it was followed throughout, rather than 4 different missions,kind of like in BRO.

That being said, while its true the beta will not be the finished product, I think that its a fair show of what IS to come, and if it sucks, it may foreshadow a shitty game, but then it may amaze us all as well.

I know this much: I may rent it, but not buy it

• Content Count:  794

Im inclined to agree here, after 10 different WW2 FPS games, we moved into "modern warfare" and it was good. It was awesome, and by God, it was new, not rehashed endlessly.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE COD 1 and 2, and the expansion for 1, I even liked Big Red One... but shit man, 6 WW2 games by the same developer, of which 3-4 of them rehashed the SAME battles OVER and OVER again DOES get old.

My favourite part of the COD Series must have been the expansion for number one, with the vehicles and new bunker game types. I loved it, you could stealthily jeep behind their base and steal a tank, or go for all out war in the towns. Driving and reversing through alleys being chased by tanks and dodging snipers. Also loved the behind enemy lines gametype for COD1, but it didnt catch on :(

Reply to Thread