? servers

? players online

Upgraded to vista

• Content Count:  171

i just upgraded to vista and all my old files is in windows.old how can i get it back all my files are in there now i cant play counter strike i have to isntall it again plz help me i need my old files back :crying:

• Content Count:  174

Ah what does that mean

A hard drive that isn't located inside your computer, you attach it with an high-speed interface cable to your computer, and pretty much save all the files/folders/everything to it before you get a new OS.

Lol

• Content Count:  171

A hard drive that isn't located inside your computer, you attach it with an high-speed interface cable to your computer, and pretty much save all the files/folders/everything to it before you get a new OS.

Lol

um forget i figured it out but do you know if i can delete the windows.old files thx

• Content Count:  678

um forget i figured it out but do you know if i can delete the windows.old files thx

You need administrative rights on your computer to delete the windows.old

But you can delete it

ONLY

if you have put everything back onto your computer

Just remember

you have everything you used to have stored in windows.old

you don't have to download anything!!

Just cut and paste things into their rightful place again :d

Im on vista now

and thats how i did it :d

If you need any help let me know ;D

• Content Count:  6559

i just upgraded to vista

:rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol: :rlol:

• Content Count:  234

Well if you installed vista without reformatting, Vista pretty much gives you the option to put all your stuff from your old installation into a folder... I can't remember what it was called though since I'm not on it atm... but it's like C:\Windows.old or something.

• Content Count:  1839

If your computer has less than 2GB of ram (even that is pushing it) Don't blame vista for your problems.

I've never had any issues, because i waited until proper drivers were available to make the change. I've had the same install for over a year and a half now, not a single BSOD, what have you. And my games run just as good as they did in xp.

Reply to Thread