? servers

? players online

Q9550 Underclocked?

• Content Count:  240

thats because you have a quad core

cpu-z can only run on 1 core at a time, so if you just run cpu-z normall, it will always run on core 1 (called core 0)

to be able to see all cores, create 4 shortcuts on ur desktop to cpuz, and then in each of their properties, add to the target line -core=0 (which means core 1), and -core=1 (which means core 2) and so on

but yes it is underclocked, though you could also disabled its extra core if you have no use for that speed, which brings the question of why you bought it in the first place

• Content Count:  1230

You're all wrong. He has speed-step enabled that's why his multiplier is x 6.0

If your computer needs the power it'll up the multiplier to its normal level. It's just a feature meant to conserve energy. Run something like a virus scan and watch CPU-Z pick up. You can disable speed-step in your BIOS if you want, but it's not necessary. There's nothing wrong with your PC.

• Content Count:  514

Yes that's the PC I was building and I'm not messing around with clocks until I get my second RAM module back (faulty). I checked temps on everything and when they seemed fine I didn't feel the need to check the BIOS, though i did have a little look around.

Reply to Thread