? servers

? players online

Opera 9.6 Beta 1

• Content Count:  4123

New beta of Opera released, 9.6 Beta 1, I've been using Firefox 3 and gave the new version of Opera a try, it's really nice. Scores higher on the Acid 3 test too.

http://www.opera.com/products/desktop/next/

What's New?

Link it: Opera Link now lets you also synchronize custom Search engines and typed History. So any website address you typed in one computer will be available in all your other computers.

Feed Preview: Preview a Feed by clicking on the feed icon and you will see it in clean and efficient two-column layout. This makes it easier to see a feed's content before subscribing to it or even bookmarking it and quickly viewing what's new in a page without distractions.

Speed Enhancement: Go on, surf around, you'll notice the Web is snappier with Opera 9.6 beta with faster page loading than previous versions.

Opera Mail

Low Bandwidth Mode: Now the mail client reduces data downloads as much as possible so you can check your mail faster when you are on the move. Enable it in your account properties and enjoy a faster email experience.

Follow Threads: Keep your eye on important discussions by right-clicking on one of the emails and selecting Follow Thread. All related emails will now appear under the Followed Thread view in your Mail panel.

Ignore Threads: Not really interested in the American Idol discussion your co-workers have going on? Just right-click on the email and select Ignore Thread. Past and future emails from this thread will now skip your unread folder.

• Content Count:  1230

If you like the speed of Chrome and the features of Firefox, Opera is the browser to go with. It takes a bit to get accustomed to it, and you should customize some things for max performance, but it gets the job done.

I'm currently on 9.52, not sure if I'll jump on the beta yet.

Reply to Thread