? servers

? players online

Adding Custom Sounds to the Soundlist

• Content Count:  214

We have a sm_play command that a lot of people forgot about, I don't know if the higher ups want this to be forgotten about or what. I know back in css I believe the admins had a variety of sounds available and I don't know if that got abused back then but it could be a fun idea to bring it back. I also see how it could easily be abused but I don't see why admins would use it on people who don't deliberately ask to hear something. I know the AOs had a few commands that they can use for fun still but maybe this could be turned into something similar again...at least for events or something.

Seems unlikely that you guys would want something like this to be brought back, but it's not like the command isn't able to be accessed anymore. There is just map sounds and crappy map songs in the soundlist.

• Content Count:  954

Back during cs:s it was used almost exclusively on minigames, and almost exclusively from a folder that Paul put in MG.

If I'm not mistaken, CSGO doesn't use sm_play the same as CS:S, so it is unlikely that it will ever make a comeback.

/play paul/noise.mp3 kippe

• Content Count:  214

do you mean it doesn't use sm_play or it doesn't use it the same that css did? Because we have a soundlist command in console to get access to map sounds and such, and you can play all of them with sm_play. There is just no good ones it appears. Unless that isn't what you meant @Kurohime

• Content Count:  1396

Currently the way sourcemod uses the sm_play command is through a console command called "playgamesound", which in css worked with custom sounds sadly in csgo it doesn't unless you do snd_rebuildaudiocache which isn't something the server can force clients to do anyways.

Reply to Thread