? servers

? players online

Unfair Banning

• Content Count:  788

Might as well throw in my 2 cents.

Say a player is killed in TTT and is upset about it, he then proceeds to RDM the guy that killed him the following round and attempts to kill another person, however he is killed. Before any punishments could even be handed out, the player leaves the server. What should happen then?

Taken from right above

if it's an extremely obvious case of mass, intentional griefing, I doubt any of us will care too much.

In that case it's an intentional case of griefing to ruin someone else's round, plus revenge RDM is already against the rules, I would go with a 12 to 24 hour ban depending on how many people he kills.

Basically what I've gotten from this is that unless the person is A) Intentionally griefing (and it's obvious) repeatedly and leaves to avoid punishment B) Comes on to the server and mass RDMs like 4+ people and leaves you would ban them in that sense.

But any other situation where it's one RDM and you don't know what happened or it was an accident and it turns out the player left, banning the player would not be okay.

• Content Count:  2103

Taken from right above

In that case it's an intentional case of griefing to ruin someone else's round, plus revenge RDM is already against the rules, I would go with a 12 to 24 hour ban depending on how many people he kills.

Basically what I've gotten from this is that unless the person is A) Intentionally griefing (and it's obvious) repeatedly and leaves to avoid punishment B) Comes on to the server and mass RDMs like 4+ people and leaves you would ban them in that sense.

But any other situation where it's one RDM and you don't know what happened or it was an accident and it turns out the player left, banning the player would not be okay.

He says pretty specifically that it has to be a serious (or mass) issue, so unless I'm taking that too literally, unless it's a case of mass rdming, you wouldn't be able to ban off of that. A single revenge rdm and leave doesn't seem to be a bannable offense, unless I am mistaken. Which is why I have been trying to clarify it so much, because it seems to me like we just aren't going to be able to punish people in situations like Kuro brought up

• Like 1

He says pretty specifically that it has to be a serious (or mass) issue, so unless I'm taking that too literally, unless it's a case of mass rdming, you wouldn't be able to ban off of that. A single revenge rdm and leave doesn't seem to be a bannable offense, unless I am mistaken. Which is why I have been trying to clarify it so much, because it seems to me like we just aren't going to be able to punish people in situations like Kuro brought up

He also mentioned Intentional Griefing and in that sense it's very much intentional.

• Content Count:  2103

He also mentioned Intentional Griefing and in that sense it's very much intentional.

If that is the case, then the rules more or less haven't changed at all, and rdming and leaving (as long as you have evidence that it was on purpose) is still bannable, which means I mistook the entire meaning of this post, and it doesn't effect the way I admin at all.

So I hope you are right

If that is the case, then the rules more or less haven't changed at all, and rdming and leaving (as long as you have evidence that it was on purpose) is still bannable, which means I mistook the entire meaning of this post, and it doesn't effect the way I admin at all.

So I hope you are right

Mine as well page @Caution for a verdict if I'm in the ball park of what this means or I'm entirely wrong

• Content Count:  11501

If someone joins the server and is massively freekilling people, lauging, yelling "fuck black people", then disconnects before you can punish him, we're cool with a ban.

Think of it it like this - if someone does something so bad that it warrants an immediate kick, we are fine with banning on a disconnect.

if someone does something you would only slay them for, then disconnects, we are not fine with banning on a disconnect. In that situation, post a thread in the increase section if you think he deserves one. Unless this person has repeated this action numerous times, a ban will probably not be issued.

• Like 7

• Content Count:  1406

On a side note concerning this, say i join pb, and someone tells me to slay or ban someone (when i didnt see it and have no proof of said player freekilling or what have ya), how should this be viewed? Should i slay and/or ban said player just off of what others have said, or have them post a demo and a complaint to the forums? Becomes a massive hassle when people always yell freekill or freeshoot (but i dont see it because 1 admin can only watch so many people when its over 20+people) and yell at me to slay when i cant confirm they did in fact freekill/shoot.

Sorry for crap typing. Speed typed at work on a short break

• Content Count:  1193

On a side note concerning this, say i join pb, and someone tells me to slay or ban someone (when i didnt see it and have no proof of said player freekilling or what have ya), how should this be viewed? Should i slay and/or ban said player just off of what others have said, or have them post a demo and a complaint to the forums? Becomes a massive hassle when people always yell freekill or freeshoot (but i dont see it because 1 admin can only watch so many people when its over 20+people) and yell at me to slay when i cant confirm they did in fact freekill/shoot.

I've always been told not to act on anything that I did not see personally.

It doesn't hurt to ask said "freekiller/RDMer" why he/she killed the person complaining but it usually helps out more to pay more attention to that person the rounds after so you can make sure they are following the rules correctly.

Of course if the person who was freekilled has proof, have them make a complaint.

• Like 5

• Content Count:  418

Not an admin, obviously, but I think a while ago there was a thread about a similar situation where a bunch of people were saying this one guy had freekilled or rdm'ed or something when in fact he didn't so, I personally wouldn't take action unless I saw it myself just so someone isn't wrongly punished. Also during the most recent community meeting there was a similar question to which the answer was, in a situation like this, if you want to take action the person you're listening to had better be trustworthy.

Reply to Thread