? servers

? players online

GMOD Murder?

• Content Count:  4441

Hey so a few months back it was announced during a community meeting that GMOD Murder was on it's way and if it was successful we could possibly reboot the GMOD TTT server?

I haven't heard or seen anything about this so I assume it's either scrapped or GMOD TTT is on it's way earlier than expected. :^_^:

@SpikedRocker ?

:pundog:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2103

Not that I know literally anything about this, but is GMod even still populated enough for it to be a good idea to start a new server on? I'm on my phone and too lazy to look up the numbers, but I don't really see why we would try to move in that direction. To me it seems like a step backwards. But maybe I'm out of my depth here

• Content Count:  6759

We put this on hold because gmod does not connect to sourcebans without the support of another system called ULX. The support for ULX has dropped so we could not make this happen at the time. This project is delayed for an indefinite amount of time till we find another solution.

• Like 2

Not that I know literally anything about this, but is GMod even still populated enough for it to be a good idea to start a new server on? I'm on my phone and too lazy to look up the numbers, but I don't really see why we would try to move in that direction. To me it seems like a step backwards. But maybe I'm out of my depth here

According to steam stats it has about 38k players still playing

http://store.steampowered.com/stats/

I don't think the server would last long though

Old server wasn't really run off new players, it was ran off the community of regulars we built up. I think we have at least a dozen people who would be pretty happy to see Gmod TTT again.

Just another point, back when our server was up Garrys Mod had much less people playing than it does now.

We put this on hold because gmod does not connect to sourcebans without the support of another system called ULX. The support for ULX has dropped so we could not make this happen at the time. This project is delayed for an indefinite amount of time till we find another solution.

So the problem isn't ULX not updating, the problem is that there is no updated ULX Module that transfers the bans over to Sourcebans?

Edited by All Ts
grammar x2

• Content Count:  5108

Are you saying ULX is not being supported anymore itself or by SourceBans?

If it's the latter, then I believe it isn't much to be concerned about to be honest. Prior to @XeNo and @Nishok setting it up on the TTT and DarkRP servers a couple years ago, administrators had to manually enter in each ban into SourceBans upon issuing a ban to a player in the Garry's Mod servers. Some might have seen it as tedious, but it wasn't a difficult task and it didn't effect the way administrators handled their duties.

• Content Count:  6759

So the problem isn't ULX not updating, the problem is that there is no updated ULX Module that transfers the bans over to Sourcebans?

Are you saying ULX is not being supported anymore itself or by SourceBans?

If it's the latter, then I believe it isn't much to be concerned about to be honest. Prior to @XeNo and @Nishok setting it up on the TTT and DarkRP servers a couple years ago, administrators had to manually enter in each ban into SourceBans upon issuing a ban to a player in the Garry's Mod servers. Some might have seen it as tedious, but it wasn't a difficult task and it didn't effect the way administrators handled their duties.

ULX is no longer supported itself :L

ULX is no longer supported itself :L

It updated on March 21.

I'm confused. :larry:

When was it announced we could possibly get a Gmod TTT server? All I remember from what @SpikedRocker said it wouldn't be happening as it would split the player base (which I agree with).

He did say that if we could get the Gmod Murder server populated it would show that Gmod isn't a lost cause of a game & we could possibly move onto getting a TTT server.

Reply to Thread