? servers

? players online

Fallout Series

• Content Count:  4441

So I saw a bunch of posts @frank the rabbit made about Fallout and figured a thread would be fun.

Been playing these games since Fallout 3 up until now modding the fuck out of it & there honestly isn't any other single player games that give me the joy Fallout does. The deep level of time and effort the devs have put into the story & details over the year is impressive as fuck. They could run a TV show or some shit for YEARS with all the material these games have put out. Never played the older games to be honest but after playing through Fallout 4 a few times I'm about to buy them just for more Fallout story.

• Content Count:  330

There is a guy on YouTube that goes in depth on locations and story's. I highly recommend them. And fallout is love fallout is life. I personally like three way more than NV or 4. But that's becuase 3 has very good memories tied to it

There is a guy on YouTube that goes in depth on locations and story's. I highly recommend them. And fallout is love fallout is life. I personally like three way more than NV or 4. But that's becuase 3 has very good memories tied to it

Same feeling when it comes to three, I was relatively young & my dad got me Fallout 3 after he played it. I loved that game so much for the dialogue and funny occurrences.

I really hate that they dumbed down dialogue in Fallout 4 in favor of the voice actor.

Nothing beats the Tunnel Snakes from Fallout 3 :ayyshoiep:

I remember killing that fuck and leaving his mom to get eaten by radroaches when I was like 12. :hahaxd:

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2103

Unpopular (?) opinion, but FO4 was disappointing to me. It was super hard to get myself emersed in the game and I ended up not playing it very much. FO3 was good, but I played it back when you died at the end, and I didn't do a lot of the side quests before the main quest, and rage quit the game when I found out I'd have to start over to do them. Never played New Vegas tbh

• Content Count:  954

I played 3 as a kid and absolutely loved it.

Now I find it massively underwhelming

Nostalgia didn't hit me this time.

The story to Fallout 3 is complete and total trash, as is the way it completely butchered the lore, honestly. And the gunplay I'm sure most people would agree kinda sucks, which is why you spend 90% of the game in VATS. On the other hand, the world and exploration of Fallout 3 is easily the best part of the game, as well as the best part of ANY Bethesda game.

New Vegas, on the other hand, has a legitimately great story and world/lore to it, as well as improving the gameplay by doing something as goddamn simple as adding ironsights. I can't get through FO3 at all without VATS but I tend to only use VATS on Cazadores in NV. The only real problem NV has is the starting path, but once you get out of what I call "Tutorial lane" the game opens up a great deal and gives a lot more freedom of exploration.

Fallout 4 has one of the single most dogshit story with the most dogshit sidequests for a majority of the game I've ever seen, sans like 1 or 2 DLC. Not only that but they butchered the level up system almost entirely stripping away any true level of player input, where now you have a list of "Ok, do you want to be sneaky or shooty? Do you want to lockpick or hack stuff?" So on, you follow down specific paths until you get to max level where you're yet another generic bethesda jack of all trades god of mankind, except without the in-depth systems involved with it like in their other games. Even Skyrim is better than this shit. But hey, at least the gunplay and exploration is really fun, right? They should've fucking ENTIRELY removed the fallout title and made it a new series, because fuck's sake, this isn't what Fallout is supposed to be.

Not including FO 1 and 2 because 3/4 of this community likely hasn't played it. I will say you should DEFINITELY play both of them, they are both amazing games.

Ultimately I can still easily recommend Fallout NV to anyone who gives half a shit about the story and lore of Fallout, and can recommend FO4 if you completely ignore the Fallout connotations and just play it just as a generic mid-apocalyptic exploration/crafting game. I can't recommend Fallout 3 to anyone at all.

• Like 1

Unpopular (?) opinion, but FO4 was disappointing to me. It was super hard to get myself emersed in the game and I ended up not playing it very much. FO3 was good, but I played it back when you died at the end, and I didn't do a lot of the side quests before the main quest, and rage quit the game when I found out I'd have to start over to do them. Never played New Vegas tbh

A lot of people think FO4 was disappointing, it was mostly over hyped to shit but it was still a very good game.

On a side note I definitely recommend you play New Vegas, story, lore and character wise it's richest game out there.

It can get a bit annoying sometimes with the way the map is laid out but other than that it's a fantastic game. The DLC for it is pretty fucking good aswell IMO, worth the money.

• Content Count:  88

"The story to Fallout 3 is complete and total trash, as is the way it completely butchered the lore,"

"Fallout 4 has one of the single most dogshit story"

I agree with kuro SAO had a much better story.

Reply to Thread