? servers

? players online

Having a certain amount of time to play ct

• Content Count:  16

it's very easy for people that intend to free kill on this server since anyone can essentially join ct without at least having 1 minute of play time. even if this isn't going to be a thing, i'm really curious to see why because i actually can't come up with anything that would make this idea not good for the server. this also would apply to the people that are new to the server, and completely don't know the rules at all to be on ct which overall annoys the majority of t side, and ct side.

• Content Count:  539

There's a few reasons to why I think it could be bad for the server:

There's a lot of people that join and want to play CT that DO know the rules, but they aren't going to be able to because they don't have the playtime on the server. This will probably cause them to leave the server and just not play. How many hours are you thinking someone should have a minimum of if this rule were to be made?

During peak hours, when a lot of the newer players join the server, this could possibly mess up ratio pretty bad. For example, if only about 5-7 regs are on, and the rest of the players don't have the amount of hours to join CT yet, then all the regs would be forced to play CT AND you could be stuck on a map where T's keep rebelling and winning, but no one will be able to switch to CT to help them out.

Also, if it's late at night, or just not many regs are on at all, then there will be no one able to play CT and it will not even be a compatible game. Everyone will be on T unless someone that has the hours to play on CT joins the game.

There is also this thread where Goku puts it pretty well.

If people are joining and they intend to freekill, I encourage anyone to make a player complaint or call an admin in to the server; and if it's just someone that doesn't have a complete grasp on the rules and want to learn, try to help them out and show them !rules.

• Like 1
Edited by Insidious
Added last part

• Content Count:  16

i mean, at least like 1 hour or maybe less. what if there's no admins on, and theres a guy that doesn't know anything about the server, or a troll just comes on ct just to ruin it for people that may be new

• Content Count:  171

There's a few reasons to why I think it could be bad for the server:

There's a lot of people that join and want to play CT that DO know the rules, but they aren't going to be able to because they don't have the playtime on the server. This will probably cause them to leave the server and just not play. How many hours are you thinking someone should have a minimum of if this rule were to be made?

Also, if it's late at night, or just not many regs are on at all, then there will be no one able to play CT and it will not even be a compatible game. Everyone will be on T unless someone that has the hours to play on CT joins the game.

I will add on to what Insidious said. But before I list the cons of this idea, I will explain why it is uneeded. If someone intends to come on our servers just to freekill, you can bet anything that a player complaint will be up in less than 30 seconds. People also just often call in an admin to take care of it, or the person freekilling just leaves immediatally after they freekill.

Cons:

If you join a server and see that you have to wait 10 hours to play CT you'd most likely just leave and go to a different server that doesnt have this.

If you had to have (Blank) amount of hours minimum to join CT, ratio would almost always be terrible due to the people who do have (blank) or more hours wanting to play T instead of CT. If we had the minimum amount of hours to join CT thing, we would either have to force the people with however many hours to join CT, thus them enjoying their time here less if they did want to join T; or our ratio just always being terrible.

The only reason this would be a good thing is to stop people who want to immediatally freekill, however they could always just wait out the time and still freekill. All we would be doing is wasting every 1/100 persons time who want to freekill; but also making our server a little or a lot less enjoyable for the 99/100 people who just want to be playing CT, or the regs who want to be playing T.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  614

i mean, at least like 1 hour or maybe less. what if there's no admins on, and theres a guy that doesn't know anything about the server, or a troll just comes on ct just to ruin it for people that may be new

If the person does not know anything about the servers other players can inform them on how to play and what they should or shouldn't be doing. However if it is a troll then there is a player complaints section where you can post evidence in order to get them banned.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread