? servers

? players online

Scrim Leaderboard / Awards

• Content Count:  501

So, I'm proposing this idea on behalf of me and the other scrim addicts.....

So, every time you win a game on scrim, it's recorded. At the end of the month, the leader board will reset and the top 3 on the leader board will get forum badges that are gold (1st place), silver (2nd), bronze (3rd). If someone is 1st, 2nd, or 3rd multiple months, the badge will say, "1st place x times".

thoughts?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  788

Though not too much of a "scrim addict" myself the idea is good. Though fundamentally would be the creation of this as a whole. That's the real obstacle, would be instituting or creating a plugin that would track individual wins in game for each player, then having that carry over on to the forums with a leaderboard and rank people from top to bottom, and reset every month.

With the awards on the forums, it seems like it would be creating a lot of work if we had different awards for each time you took 1st place or 2nd place, and it would also clutter up with you possibly having all 3 ribbons for different months on one server, with every other server only having one and that's based on time played. I'm not really too fond on how your idea would be played out but since i'm at work can't really think of any alternatives ATM but I will tonight or tomorrow.

That being said i'm gonna tag the scrim mastermind who created the wonderful server description @Black Rain and @Post for his masterful award artwork.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1719

Someone requested some form of award for the scrim server a few months back and was rejected due to the fact that it removed incentive for playerd to play on the main SG servers. Don't know if the BDs opinion has changed on this :p

Edited by Post

• Content Count:  477

Might make people not want to troll (me) so i dont see a problem with it :d

What like earlier today when the other team kept pausing? XD Fuck u @Dominik. But yeah this would be a cool thing to add and i think more people would play scrim.

What like earlier today when the other team kept pausing? XD Fuck u @Dominik. But yeah this would be a cool thing to add and i think more people would play scrim.

Well the whole point is that from a BD/AO standpoint, we don't want people to play more scrim because it is not beneficial towards growing the community as much as it is beneficial to get new members from people populating the public servers.

• Content Count:  501

Well the whole point is that from a BD/AO standpoint, we don't want people to play more scrim because it is not beneficial towards growing the community as much as it is beneficial to get new members from people populating the public servers.

So then take the password of scrim and make it a public server? There's plenty of people who join communities through scrim and 10 man servers.

So then take the password of scrim and make it a public server? There's plenty of people who join communities through scrim and 10 man servers.

Well the whole point of the scrim server is to have it as a community semi-secret for fun every once in a while

• Content Count:  788

The purpose behind scrim is for members already in the community to get together and play competitively against each other in the form of tournaments or just pick up matches. Which is why the last suggestion to try and populate scrim was rejected because trying to populate scrim has never been an issue because we don't use it for the purpose to get people in to the community with a small 12 man server.

We have our other servers with 20 30 40 slots for that.

To add on, i'm not against the idea of adding a leaderboard, I just don't know how difficult it would be to implement that.

EDIT: Tapatalk is retarted, and post beat me to the punch, someone delete my retarted double post please!

• Like 1
Edited by Rye

• Content Count:  174

I generally think this would be a cool idea, the down side I see to this really is people will try their hardest to stack a team. I really like scrim, but the times I don't like it, is when the teams get stacked or their is an unfair advantage.

This isn't really up to me to decide obviously, but I think we should add something to scrim regarding to stats or some sort.

Then again, it's a scrim server and made to have fun/relax, some people will try their butts off.

What like earlier today when the other team kept pausing? XD Fuck u @Dominik.

I had to pee

jk

Edited by Dominik

Reply to Thread