? servers

? players online

Re-Introduce Deathgames

• Content Count:  18

Re-introduce deathgames

For a while now deathgames have been on and off in terms of forcing them. The servers just aren't fun and rounds get drawn out. Deathgames could have new rules and stuff to make them more fair to the T's. Like they used to be, after 2:30 CT's can force them, but every other round or something like that. Anything like this would not only make jailbreak more fun with more variety but it would also shorten rounds and make some rounds more fast paced then others. I was not a fan when deathgames were able to be forced but now without them the server is boring, there is no challenge, and rounds last too long. CT's, instead of making fun orders, send us to isolation for a whole round, or we just go between soccer and pool. Id like to see this thread get some attention from admins for the slight chance that deathgames could be brought back.

-AdamS

• Like 1

• Content Count:  171

I feel forced deathgames would be a mistake and let me explain why. If a T wants to play a deathgame, they can either ask for a death game and a CT will host a death game (I haven't met a CT that doesn't like death games.) Or the CTs will ask every few rounds if anyone wants to join a death game, keeping the option for death games open but not shoved down people's throats. Agreeably forced death games would shorten rounds, but would also make it less fun for people who don't want to do them. Now whenever a CT asks who wants to play a death game, I'd say at most 4 t's join, and if it's only that small amount of t's that want to play, that alone says forced death games would be a turn for the worst in terms of keeping the majority of the T's content. Overall there's no point in forcing something that is offered often, especially when that offer is taken up on very rarely.

Edited by Esoteric

• Content Count:  2001

A majority of our regulars did not like death games and wanted them removed. They just did not work well on our servers and the test run of a few weeks when they were around demonstrated that. If you aren't a fan of death games why do you want them back? You said yourself you didn't like them as well as a majority of the server. The drawn out rounds are hardly a problem as you can force Lrs now as well.

Also I have found almost always when asked to volunteer for death games a large majority of players usually volunteer to play.

• Content Count:  171

A majority of our regulars did not like death games and wanted them removed. They just did not work well on our servers and the test run of a few weeks when they were around demonstrated that. If you aren't a fan of death games why do you want them back? You said yourself you didn't like them as well as a majority of the server. The drawn out rounds are hardly a problem as you can force Lrs now as well.

Also I have found almost always when asked to volunteer for death games a large majority of players usually volunteer to play.

Good point with the LRs, and it depends on when the death game is offered but from I've seen, if offered mid to late game an average of 4 people volunteer

• Content Count:  4441

Not just no.

Fuck no.

The amount that the change fucking infuriated me & the amount of time it took to get it to even a close to playable level was ridiculous. Another giant problem I have with this is that there is very little reason for this given our playerbase. Sometimes I'm online and we get like 5-6 people volunteering for deathgames, and honestly sometimes we have no one volunteering. SG's prison break is great because the way we have it set up is flexible to our player base so when you have shit players you have shit fun, when you have great players you have great fun. Anyway the truth is that the forced deathgames were a massive bitch to remove for those of us who actually gave a shit and as someone who was adamantly against them from the moment they were even proposed I don't want them back to any degree, with any stipulations, EVER.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  422

Re-introduce deathgames

For a while now deathgames have been on and off in terms of forcing them. The servers just aren't fun and rounds get drawn out. Deathgames could have new rules and stuff to make them more fair to the T's. Like they used to be, after 2:30 CT's can force them, but every other round or something like that. Anything like this would not only make jailbreak more fun with more variety but it would also shorten rounds and make some rounds more fast paced then others. I was not a fan when deathgames were able to be forced but now without them the server is boring, there is no challenge, and rounds last too long. CT's, instead of making fun orders, send us to isolation for a whole round, or we just go between soccer and pool. Id like to see this thread get some attention from admins for the slight chance that deathgames could be brought back.

-AdamS

I pretty sure I met you around the time when you were allowed to force them. To be completely honest, I never had any problem with it other than every round at when you were allowed to do death-games, people would do stupid ass Simon says orders, first reaction last reaction, and just some other dumb shit. I would have preferred it if the death-games were only allowed to be on the map death-games, and you could only do them passed 2:30. It was removed cause I remember a lot of regulars absolutely hating it at the time. I'm one of those players that really wouldn't mind coming them back, but a lot of regulars on there would probably freak out. I think it's better to not add it because you can still do death-games by simply asking them if they want to do it. If however it's ever brought back, I hope it's map only death-games.

• Content Count:  2187

If the rounds are getting drawn out, why don't you ask them for a deathgame? Nothing in the rules says you aren't allowed to ask them for one.

We've already had a thread for forced deathgames, and everyone's response towards bringing it back wasn't really great. I can see the same happening here as well. While they did speed up the rounds, the drawback to it was the boatload of loopholes everyone tried to expose just to do forced deathgames early or to make them more difficult for Ts (making us go through so many rewordings and rules changes).

Eventually they got tiring, what with all the chaos and wrongful killing that was going on. So my response now is the same response then:

We already tried it and it didn't work. It ended up with people abusing the rule and trying to find loopholes around our extended rules for it and it got tedious. If you wanna do death games, ask the Ts. Otherwise, I don't think we'll be getting another shot for Forced DGs anytime soon.

• Content Count:  202

Nope nadda nooooo nene , the fact that this is still requested after the amount of threads that have been opened about Deadthgames is insane. From what i have witnessed in the short about of time deathgames were allowed , was flat out Chaos. Players screaming in the mic cause someone started the death game at 2:31 instead of 2:30. The constant " Read the Rules Faggot" for cts that didnt know the rules were updated. The over all punishment of people that didnt know the Deathgame rules and the people who would play the boarder line if the rules were unbearable. At points un named Admins were in threat of being demoted or getting a strike over one little detail he got wrong over deathgames.

Overall deathgames reintroduced is a bad idea , considering even if we put it till 2:30 for deathgames , Cts would delay their asses off with the "Take one step out and freeze order" and take their sweat ass time checking cells. Most deathgames ended with people getting freekilled , people complaining and people getting banned. My cases where i was involved in the deathgame were awful. Players would somtimes play "simon says we are pkaying first reaction last reaction" and ending up giving the most confusing deatngame orders in history. The ammount lf detail that would have to be put in for everyone to be happy with deathgames is too great.

So far with the Account of players playing deathgames by their own freewill has had a good response. Someplayers like playing deathgames and pthers dont. With volunteer death games it has brought less of a argument and chaos to jb. Yes jb can still be just brutal and merciless, but if we added deathgames it really brings the hell to jb. Basically if we have a vote to add them i would just definitely , absolutely , positively say FUCK NO.

Just a plain bad idea

Typed this on my phone , sorry for bad grammar and spelling mistakes lol

• Content Count:  1403

The solution of letting players volunteer is a great counter argument but overall it never will be the same if you could just force deathgames. In the end the server will never implement this rule again due to the fact that it caused way to many problems. If you can come up with a detailed rule that you can come up with it may catch someone's attention and they can fight for it being added, but blantly goring the suggestion "we should add deathgames" isn't gonna get you anywhere, I'm sorry to say.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.