? servers

? players online

general question about discord

• Content Count:  115

hi, i know im new here and all and maybe im out of line for asking this, but i was wondering why this community still has a ts, instead of a discord server.

im not sure if it was answered in the FAQ, after merely skimming it, and i was wondering if i was just personal preference or since you're paying for the ts server already there isn't much of a point or so.

sorry, im just being nosy is all because i use both on and off and i just found discord to have more features.

im not trying to say: "FUCK TEAMSPEAK", just genuinely curious to the reason is all.

thank you in advance!

• Content Count:  4441

Hey dude!

We don't have it so that we don't split up the community, you can review the past posts made about it below.

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72726

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=70027

http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72067

In the future just try to use the search bar before you post any threads similar to this.

(welcome to sg btw :larry:)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  6242

It's actually posted in several threads in this and the suggestions section. I don't have the ability to find these links. But to be very honest, it is not secure. You may or not know their service was part of a major data breach that I posted a few weeks ago. So that has put it further in our dislike bin.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's actually posted in several threads in this and the suggestions section. I don't have the ability to find these links. But to be very honest, it is not secure. You may or not know their service was part of a major data breach that I posted a few weeks ago. So that has put it further in our dislike bin.

Not to sound condescending but that breach to my knowledge had something to do with an exploit in CloudFlare and there hasn't been any indication that any personal info was actually breached- only the very small chance that it could have been.

• Content Count:  6242

Not to sound condescending but that breach to my knowledge had something to do with an exploit in CloudFlare and there hasn't been any indication that any personal info was actually breached- only the very small chance that it could have been.

You are correct however it is the basis of how discord works and shows more vulnerabilities due to it being cloud based. We like to be able to have checks of the security of all our things and with discord we would not have that.

• Like 1

You are correct however it is the basis of how discord works and shows more vulnerabilities due to it being cloud based. We like to be able to have checks of the security of all our things and with discord we would not have that.

Yeah true, get much more actual control with TeamSpeak.

Personally the way Discord looks gives me hives and that's enough to make me not want it. :larry:

Reply to Thread