? servers

? players online

Freekill or RDM message idea.

• Content Count:  422

There is a very slim chance of this being added because I know the people of the community and they usually want to keep the community game modes vanilla, and I respect that. This is a suggestion so let's just chill, don't bash me for this.

I was thinking if we could find this one plugin like the on Gmod TTT where you can type a message when your dead if you think the kill on you was RDM. (same would go for jb if you think someone freekilled you, and maybe you could ask them to slay.) Maybe there is a plugin for this somewhere for CS:GO. This is a small thing so I don't think it's necessarily needed, but it could help if admins aren't online at the time.

Thank you.

This thread inspired the idea.(dont ask how.)>http://www.steam-gamers.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73589&p=871428#post871428

Edited by Christinho

• Content Count:  4441

It's a good idea but with the way the admin system works on CS:GO compared to Garry's Mod it would probably end in an overworked admin being incredibly sad at the end of every round when he gets some prompt for 10 freekills/rdms by some really asshurt manchildren and has to deal with them in a jank plugin ripped off Source Mod.

If we could find a plugin that actually does this well it's not a bad idea though, could maybe lighten the load of the admins.

As I said though these ideas aren't really the issue, it's finding/making the physical plugin itself and whether it would actually help.

Looked up some plugin, don't actually know if it works or what it looks like.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2476088

• Like 1
Edited by All Ts

It's a good idea but with the way the admin system works on CS:GO compared to Garry's Mod it would probably end in an overworked admin being incredibly sad at the end of every round when he gets some prompt for 10 freekills/rdms by some really asshurt manchildren and has to deal with them in a jank plugin ripped off Source Mod.

If we could find a plugin that actually does this well it's not a bad idea though, could maybe lighten the load of the admins.

As I said though these ideas aren't really the issue, it's finding/making the physical plugin itself and whether it would actually help.

Looked up some plugin, don't actually know if it works or what it looks like.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=2476088

I feel like this could work well if the reports were sent to the "RDMer" or "Freekiller" and they could decide if they would slay themselves. I know it seems like it'd be abused, but I've seen a lot of people in the community owning up to Freekiller or RDMs and I feel like they'd be mature enough to slay if they were asked by the one killed. But then again, I could see where this would go wrong.

• Content Count:  1401

Honestly dont think this is needed. If you believe you've been rdm'd you check the logs, if its marked bad action then sure and you can just straight up ask him next round or when he is dead. A decent player would admit his mistakes and perhaps slay himself. If not and he keeps rdm'ing just get an admin or make a player complaint about him.

My honest opinion this isn't needed at all, sounds to me like you just want to make a shortcut with the plugin and not just straight up ask him for his reasoning.

Honestly dont think this is needed. If you believe you've been rdm'd you check the logs, if its marked bad action then sure and you can just straight up ask him next round or when he is dead. A decent player would admit his mistakes and perhaps slay himself. If not and he keeps rdm'ing just get an admin or make a player complaint about him.

My honest opinion this isn't needed at all, sounds to me like you just want to make a shortcut with the plugin and not just straight up ask him for his reasoning.

The idea to me just seemed that'd it'd make life easier for both admins and regulars. I see your point though. @Suri

• Content Count:  788

Not really needed, we already have a way to directly communicate to admins at all teams with Admin Chat, simply press your team chat key (Default is "U") and start with an @ then your message right after it like so:

Team Chat: @Admin I was RDM'd

Just don't spam it cause then we just get annoyed.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1193

I can see this being helpful to players on JB while admins aren't online, but then again, if the CT doesn't slay himself it would be pointless.. It wouldn't be very helpful while admins are online because they can already see dead chat. In TTT you can just check logs after the round is over. It's a good idea but the time it'd take to edit the plug in @All Ts found or make a new one wouldn't be worth the headache imo

• Like 1

• Content Count:  4441

I know the way this helps on Garrys Mod servers (due to the fact that I've run them & administrated them) is that it kicks the admins in the ass a bit to do their fucking service & not ignore whats going on in the server. Many servers require that admins do mostly everything from slays, kicks, and bans right out of the report panel, because it leaves very little wiggle room to abuse. Before someone jumps down my throat let me explain why this is obviously a different situation.

Sm_logs & dead chat do practically nothing if the admins on the server do nothing & a plugin that gives an interface particularly on Garrys Mod servers was always nice as an admin because it would let you replay scenes of the RDM, check logs within that interface, set preset punishments (all things that obviously aren't too feasible on CS:GO). If this is added, it wouldn't really be practical which is what I tried to convey in my first post.

The only thing it would do is make the admin consciously say "Yeah, I'm doing jack shit."

It's my opinion if we can't find a report plugin that is multipurpose other than basic report functionality it's probably not worth being added. I think @Rye explained it pretty well as far as using admin chat is concerned. Other than that I think calling admins on, nagging the ones online that you have added to do their job, recording & making player complaints, and trying to work your way up to admin fills in the remaining issues.

Another interesting thought I had just now is that admins aren't supposed to be acting on situations they didn't see so all this would realistically do is organize issues for admins to deal with. :larry:

Reply to Thread