? servers

? players online

Birthday Posts

• Content Count:  788

Wait, so wishing someone Happy Birthday, on their birthday which happens once a year is considered disingenuous, spam, and scummy now? Oh man how did I not see this earlier, it's so obvious. I seriously don't understand what the point of this thread even was. What is even the benefit of posting for "post count" and "thanks" on a fucking birthday thread. It's a SINGLE post a day, and maybe even a SINGLE thank if the person legitimately wants to say thank you for wishing them happy birthday without spamming posts. That's what the button is for right? Thanks for posting this, here's how I'm going to show my appreciation for it?

You can't just go and assume that every single post on a birthday thread is for fucking POST COUNT LIKE WHAT. It's the persons damn birthday which happens once a year and you think people can't wish him a happy birthday without being some scummy lowlife disingenuous only doing it for the thanks and post count kind of person.

Introductions

Probably like 3 to 4 times a week that's it at most on average.

Resignations

Once a month average.

Promotions

Once maybe twice a month.

3i8JMsk.gif

How does the meme work again?

:partydance:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY

• Like 4

• Content Count:  202

Wait so if i say happy birthday to make someone smile that I recognized their date of their birth , but it's considered spam and for the post count? Yeah there are probably some kids that find it for posts but if one or two people do it just for lols and posts , why change it for everyone. In this case there is no way to tell the persons true reasoning of the post.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1527

So does this mean if I tell a girl irl that she's pretty and everyone else does it as well and whether its a fake or genuine compliment, that we have to remove the words and put it back in our mouths? :larry:

Let's implement this so we get rid of half of Doodles' posts

#RemoveDoodlesshitpostsxd

• Like 6

• Content Count:  11501

I actually agree that birthday posts / introduce yourself posts shouldn't be counted; it doesn't really bother me though. I don't so much agree with the ulterior motives, but I do agree with the "65% bullshit / 35% genuine care" assessment. I even wagered that if I removed the post count from these sections, a lot of people would stop posting. So many, in fact, that it would be extremely noticeable.

I was vastly, vastly outnumbered when it came to suggesting this, so it probably won't happen.

• Like 1

Reply to Thread