? servers

? players online

Predictions/Thoughts regarding 2017 Confederations Cup

• Content Count:  5108

Yes, I'm making a thread about an 8 team tournament that really doesn't mean a whole lot. It's a byproduct of me being in love the sport so much.

I'm predicting:

GROUP A

Russia: Win vs. New Zealand, Loss vs Portugal, Loss vs. Mexico

New Zealand: Loss vs. Russia, Loss vs. Mexico, Loss vs. Portugal

Portugal: Draw with Mexico, Win vs. Russia, Win vs. New Zealand (ADVANCES 2ND WITH 7 POINTS)

Mexico: Draw with Russia, Win vs. New Zealand, Win vs. Russia (ADVANCES 1ST WITH 7 POINTS AND GOAL DIFFERENTIAL)

GROUP B

Cameroon: Loss vs. Chile, Win vs. Australia, Loss vs. Germany

Chile: Win vs. Cameroon, Loss vs. Germany, Win vs. Australia (ADVANCES 2ND WITH 6 POINTS)

Australia: Loss vs. Germany, Loss vs. Cameroon, Loss vs. Chile

Germany: Win vs. Australia, Win vs. Chile, Win vs. Cameroon (ADVANCES 1ST WITH 9 POINTS)

That would then lead to the Winner of Group A being matched up against the Runner-up of Group B (Mexico and Chile respectively). I foresee Chile moving on in penalties.

The next match would be the Winner of Group B against the Runner-up of Group A (Germany and Portugal). I truly believe Germany will trash Portugal, as they did in the World Cup, and move on to the finals.

As for the finals, I believe Germany will lift the trophy in Saint Petersburg but it will be a close match as Chile has a talented squad and performed very well at the previous World Cup.

The third place match will most likely go to Mexico to be honest as I think while they won't be playing in the finals, morale will still be high and they'll have the power to beat Portugal twice.

This is truly how I believe the tournament will go, and it is honestly how I'd like to see it. My only concern is that the scumbag Arturo Vidal will play like an asshole and look to intentionally injure some of the opposing teams players and ruin their chances of playing in the upcoming World Cup. It's not against his character to do such.

I'm eager to hear the opinions and predictions of others. Please do not be shy to post and I hope some of you will be watching the tournament as well.

• Content Count:  422

I don't agree the Germany will lift the cup, I don't know who will, but I almost guarantee they won't win it all. They're not the same team as 2014. In my opinion it's either Chile or Portugal to win it. Considering Portugal won the euros and their squad has really developed, they have a good chance. Chile is chile, relatively same team as the most recent Copa America, solid team, I think Sanchez and Medel will carry and Bravo will mess up a lot :lul: . Personally I don't like Vidal either, he's definitely a brick in the midfield though.

• Content Count:  5108

I don't agree the Germany will lift the cup, I don't know who will, but I almost guarantee they won't win it all. They're not the same team as 2014. In my opinion it's either Chile or Portugal to win it. Considering Portugal won the euros and their squad has really developed, they have a good chance. Chile is chile, relatively same team as the most recent Copa America, solid team, I think Sanchez and Medel will carry and Bravo will mess up a lot :lul: . Personally I don't like Vidal either, he's definitely a brick in the midfield though.

Sure, Germany lost a lot of the oldies who were world class players; Mertesacker, Badstuber, Lahm, Schweinsteiger, Klose; but I feel that some of the young squad members will fill their roles quite exceptionally. Their defense is just as solid, and while they lost two of the best holding midfielders in the world, they still have players who can take over their positions. Sami Khedira, Gundogan will perform up to par in the midfield, and I believe that Marco Reus should be good to go as far as playing in this tournament without an injury (correct me if I'm wrong) and he's definitely got talent.

To be honest, I truly believe Portugal is not as solid as they seemed (even being the winners of the Euro). I think it was a fluke, had they been matched up against Italy or Germany that tournament they wouldn't have gone home the winners.

Believe me, I love Chile and their squad. I also can appreciate that Vidal is a good player but he is a scumbag. There are tons of players who I feel the same way about (Suarez, Terry, Diego Costa).

Reply to Thread