? servers

? players online

New subscriber perk

• Content Count:  418

Alright, so, here we go ... a subscriber slot for map nominations. Hear me out here. In ZE the max number of nominations is often reached during a full server, so, being the brilliant mind I am, I had the idea that if all nominations were taken, and a subscriber nominated a map, it would override a nomination (maybe override a nomination by a player who has least time on the server or some low standing criteria). I thought about 2 sub nomination slots, but figured that'd be too many since we don't want a subscriber dominated server, as mentioned with a reserved slot thread.

It would be another incentive for people to donate for subscriber, and that's always good amirite.

• Content Count:  788

Meh.

IMO, adding this as a subscriber perk is really just going to discourage all the non-subscribers from ever suggesting a map if whenever they do it gets overridden by a subscriber vote, basically making the server subscriber dominated. I believe there's like 6 maps to choose from if I'm not mistaken each vote? If I'm wrong it's somewhere close to that number I haven't really paid attention to that.

If you really are having a problem getting a map nominated, do it right when a new map loads in, because even if you do nominate a map it's still a server wide vote so it might not even get selected at all. It's a good suggestion I just feel like it would push away a large player base of regulars and new players who haven't subscribed because they won't be able to get a chance at playing maps they suggested.

"Hey remember that map you nominated at the beginning of the map? Well this guy gave us money so he gets priority, sorry"

Doesn't really seem fair to anyone who doesn't donate.

Meh.

IMO, adding this as a subscriber perk is really just going to discourage all the non-subscribers from ever suggesting a map if whenever they do it gets overridden by a subscriber vote, basically making the server subscriber dominated. I believe there's like 6 maps to choose from if I'm not mistaken each vote? If I'm wrong it's somewhere close to that number I haven't really paid attention to that.

If you really are having a problem getting a map nominated, do it right when a new map loads in, because even if you do nominate a map it's still a server wide vote so it might not even get selected at all. It's a good suggestion I just feel like it would push away a large player base of regulars and new players who haven't subscribed because they won't be able to get a chance at playing maps they suggested.

"Hey remember that map you nominated at the beginning of the map? Well this guy gave us money so he gets priority, sorry"

Doesn't really seem fair to anyone who doesn't donate.

Well, again, just 1 subscriber slot.

Also, with the priority for money, it's already like that, as it should be. That's the point of subscriber in addition to the other perks. That's why subscribers take priority over non-subs when joining a server. It kicks the non-sub(s). Pretty much the same thing here, I'd argue.

p.s. I don't have problems nominating maps, in fact, I rarely ever nominate maps, but I just thought this could be a good addition to subscriber perks.

• Content Count:  788

Well, again, just 1 subscriber slot.

Also, with the priority for money, it's already like that, as it should be. That's the point of subscriber in addition to the other perks. That's why subscribers take priority over non-subs when joining a server. It kicks the non-sub(s). Pretty much the same thing here, I'd argue.

p.s. I don't have problems nominating maps, in fact, I rarely ever nominate maps, but I just thought this could be a good addition to subscriber perks.

Again, totally understandable, my thoughts on this is that by donating to the server, you're donating to help it out, the perks are just an incentive. Having the ability to log in to a full server is really the only benefit we need for a subscriber, because they have already committed to the server by donating, so they have access to play whenever they want which is totally fair. Everything else in game is just cosmetic things, such as the skins, !draw, and the two masks you can purchase in !store

It's one thing to give priority to subscribers to get on the server, but it's another thing to override priority to players already in the server that is already full. It shouldn't matter how low of a standing a player is on the server, they should still be able to have the same in game priority as every other player. If a new player joins and nominates a map, only to have it get overridden by a player who has a simply thrown 5 dollars towards us, is gonna leave and play another server where that doesn't happen.

There's already enough incentives to get subscriber here for a very minimal price, I don't think we need to be overriding the nominations of regular players in game as well.

• Like 1

Ahhh, OK, I see what you're sayin'. Way to use your brain, as I hadn't thought of the point you bring up as an issue.

clever girl..

• Content Count:  6242

One of the things we try to do with subscriber is not allow them to have an advantage over another player in the server. That's why a lot of the stuff is cosmetic or the use of a special raffle. Allowing your vote to weigh more than a normal player would be an advantage that we really wouldn't want to have. While yes you are a bit out numbered in ZE, I have a feeling if it were the opposite we wouldn't have the population that we do have.

• Like 2

I now see the error of my ways and it makes sense but the way I've made sense of it in my head is no longer able to be put into words because my mind has turned it into gibberish that I can understand so instead of trying to explain I'll leave you with a picture of Bill Clinton.

Reply to Thread