? servers

? players online

What's the point of the request form for awards?

• Content Count:  6759

Ok, so it's used to provide proof that you have achieved the award, correct? For the awards I have I didn't provide any actual evidence so I guess the people that deal with awards had a way of discovering if I was in fact qualified for said award. So if I was the one that submits the evidence, is what I provide taken as truth?

Like if I were to inspect element and modify my stats and then take a picture and use it as proof, is that enough? Or will the person reviewing my award form double check if that is actually true? And if they do check if it is true or not, then we've come full circle and there's no point in submitting evidence unless you just want to see if the person is honest.

Although it may seem like it, I'm not trying to make things more difficult and complicated than they really are. I'm just trying to address an issue that I see with the award system in case someone was to use the method above to get an award that they were not qualified for.

But I believe that my question was answered about the form being used for proof, thanks.

Since awards are manually completed by CA+, we do double check to confirm your award is valid. It's not something that really gets abused as much as you can imagine it. Sure there have been people that have gotten their awards denied but the rest of the time people request these awards knowing they have achieved it and we purposely double check the requests to confirm it. As for providing an explanation, it really doesn't have to be a detailed essay. It's just there to give us an idea of why you applied for the award and a ton of them just turn out to be one sentence long.

But if you're concerned about the ability for people to abuse it then just remember that action can always be taken to prevent a user from being able to use the function ever again.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3998

Ok, so it's used to provide proof that you have achieved the award, correct? For the awards I have I didn't provide any actual evidence so I guess the people that deal with awards had a way of discovering if I was in fact qualified for said award. So if I was the one that submits the evidence, is what I provide taken as truth?

Like if I were to inspect element and modify my stats and then take a picture and use it as proof, is that enough? Or will the person reviewing my award form double check if that is actually true? And if they do check if it is true or not, then we've come full circle and there's no point in submitting evidence unless you just want to see if the person is honest.

Although it may seem like it, I'm not trying to make things more difficult and complicated than they really are. I'm just trying to address an issue that I see with the award system in case someone was to use the method above to get an award that they were not qualified for.

But I believe that my question was answered about the form being used for proof, thanks.

No one can just take a screenshot of anyone's play time and be given the award, as the CAs always check to be sure that they meet the requirements. Instead, people are encouraged to provide their steam IDs when requesting the server specific awards so they can verify it, but regardless, the play time will be double checked. As for some of the other awards, as others mentioned, the more information box does come in handy if there is something else to add, such as a link to a YouTube video or to a map they created.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  3462

I mean, yeah you can proceed with giving no background info and I'm sure CAs are bound to figure it out somehow, but the point of it is to make it easier for them, ya know? They most likely double check as well, in certain circumstances.

But I am pretty sure if they go through all that effort to get a cute little decorated rectangle below their profile then they probably need to get a new hobby (Not implying it'd be difficult, but even the thought is a bit petty).

Since awards are manually completed by CA+, we do double check to confirm your award is valid. It's not something that really gets abused as much as you can imagine it. Sure there have been people that have gotten their awards denied but the rest of the time people request these awards knowing they have achieved it and we purposely double check the requests to confirm it. As for providing an explanation, it really doesn't have to be a detailed essay. It's just there to give us an idea of why you applied for the award and a ton of them just turn out to be one sentence long.

But if you're concerned about the ability for people to abuse it then just remember that action can always be taken to prevent a user from being able to use the function ever again.

No one can just take a screenshot of anyone's play time and be given the award, as the CAs always check to be sure that they meet the requirements. Instead, people are encouraged to provide their steam IDs when requesting the server specific awards so they can verify it, but regardless, the play time will be double checked. As for some of the other awards, as others mentioned, the more information box does come in handy if there is something else to add, such as a link to a YouTube video or to a map they created.

OI FUCK OFF MY ANSWERING YOU VULTURES

• Like 4
Edited by Nuclear Onion

• Content Count:  418

So do you guys think that

9DHxZae.jpg

should be changed to say something about providing some type of proof or maybe putting your steam ID? Because the way it is stated now is kind of the reason this whole thread exists, now that I look at it. It made it confusing for me and I think that it would make more sense if it was worded like: ("Please provide your Steam ID.") or something that prompted the user to attach some form of proof / something that would make the process easier for who ever is processing the request.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for all your responses.

• Content Count:  3998

So do you guys think that

9DHxZae.jpg

should be changed to say something about providing some type of proof or maybe putting your steam ID? Because the way it is stated now is kind of the reason this whole thread exists, now that I look at it. It made it confusing for me and I think that it would make more sense if it was worded like: ("Please provide your Steam ID.") or something that prompted the user to attach some form of proof / something that would make the process easier for who ever is processing the request.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks for all your responses.

"Please explain why the listed recipient should receive the award" works well for a general basis, as each award will require a different form of explanation rather than saying to provide their steam ID when they are requesting something like a loyalty or mapper award. As it is now, it kind of implies that if you have something else that needs to be said/proof for the requirement, then you should add it.

• Like 2

Reply to Thread