? servers

? players online

What's the point of the request form for awards?

• Content Count:  418

I don't understand why it exists unless it's to request an award for someone else.

It's only purpose (that I can see) is to, I guess, prevent people from spamming requests?

I feel like it just makes me restate why I'm requesting the award. For example, if I'm requesting the 1 year loyalty award, then what am I supposed to put in the reasoning box? That I have been around for over a year? Well, obviously or else I wouldn't be applying for the award.

EBdjOqM.jpg

Perhaps the box is used for something else?

pls explain thanks

• Content Count:  1421

I believe it is to make the process go faster. For example, if you edit a map and it gets added then you have met the requirements to receive the mapper award. So you request it, and to help the CA+ giving you the award you would site the thread where your map got added so the CA+ wouldn't have to go looking for it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

But that's just for the mapper award. If I apply for almost every other award, why not just have the request award button instead of the form with it? The only reason you'd apply for an award is if you meet the requirements anyway. The other stuff seems a little unnecessary to me.

• Content Count:  6242

Cause we don't lurk and hunt down awards for every user. This is not an automated system. We got more important things to be doing. If you want an award you put in the effort to tell us you qualified for it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• Content Count:  3462

But that's just for the mapper award. If I apply for almost every other award, why not just have the request award button instead of the form with it? The only reason you'd apply for an award is if you meet the requirements anyway. The other stuff seems a little unnecessary to me.

Actually, the way I see it, the box can be useful for most of the award requests. For your time in certain games, it would be wise that you either paste the amount of time played from the stats page or take a screenshot of your time played on the server you're requesting for so it's a little less effort for CA+ having to give you the award. For the Youtube award you'd link the thread that you requested said video to be added. Now for Contest Winner, you would write what contest it was and/or link thread associated with it. Now realistically these things aren't REQUIRED to do, but I remember when I was CA it was always nice to have some background information before I go around figuring out if you really did win some random contest 5 years ago that I wasn't around to see or made a map for SG that I'm not aware of.

These are really just small examples in general on what the box can be used for. Just use common sense when needed, if you're requesting a year award, there isn't much else that has to be said obviously since your date is displayed on your profile.

• Like 4
Edited by Nuclear Onion

Ok, so it's used to provide proof that you have achieved the award, correct? For the awards I have I didn't provide any actual evidence so I guess the people that deal with awards had a way of discovering if I was in fact qualified for said award. So if I was the one that submits the evidence, is what I provide taken as truth?

Like if I were to inspect element and modify my stats and then take a picture and use it as proof, is that enough? Or will the person reviewing my award form double check if that is actually true? And if they do check if it is true or not, then we've come full circle and there's no point in submitting evidence unless you just want to see if the person is honest.

Although it may seem like it, I'm not trying to make things more difficult and complicated than they really are. I'm just trying to address an issue that I see with the award system in case someone was to use the method above to get an award that they were not qualified for.

But I believe that my question was answered about the form being used for proof, thanks.

Reply to Thread