? servers

? players online

My Switch Review

• Content Count:  2187

So, it's been like four days since the Switch officially launched and I thought it'd be a good idea to give my insight on the console. I'm thinking about doing pros and cons first. Any personal thoughts and individual comments will be put last. NOTE THAT I'M NOT A PROFESSIONAL REVIEWER, SO KEEP THAT IN MIND.

Oh yeah, and @Suri since you wanted me to keep tabs for you :kappa:

PROS:

1) Mobile Capabilities. Easily take your Switch on the go whenever you want. Use the docking station for TV Gaming, then simply take it out of the dock to play your games on the go!

2) Beautiful Screen. Experience your games in quality like no other.

3) Multiplayer-friendly. Switch from one game to another with ease and use the Joycons as separate controllers with a push of a button.

4) Digital Gaming. Download more games from the Nintendo eShop so you can keep gaming!

5) SD Card Functionality. Increase your storage size with an SD Card of up to 128 GB.

CONS:

1) Mediocre battery life. Not really great to take out on long trips unless you're able to conserve your battery.

2) Big for a mobile device. If they're trying to beat phones, I don't see it really happening.

3) Mediocre-small console storage. With only 26 GB to store something in the console, might wanna invest in an SD Card if you plan to go digital.

4) Small Game Catalog. With it being launched, there aren't many launch games out rn. However, with Nindies and future titles coming, I can see it getting fixed.

5) Small-ass cartridges. All that boxart for one small cartridge. Not to mention, if you don't have a good storage place for them, they may get lost. Be wary.

Those are my pros and cons. Now for individual thoughts:

Pretty ok imo. Whenever I'm playing it on my monitor, I always keep thinking that it's a console, but when I realize that I can take it out of the docking station, I jump with joy lol.

Heard to not put stickers on it though, for it can damage the surface. Same with aftermarket skins.

All in all, it's still a bit early. I'd suggest people to wait until more games come out. If you can't wait, be sure to buy BOTW. Definitely recommend it.

• Like 4
Edited by Frostbitten

• Content Count:  2730

5) SD Card Functionality. Increase your storage size with an SD Card of up to 128 GB.

I bet the one that SD card you stole works just fine with the system.

----

I will most likely get a switch. Sure it doesn't the best hardware in it, but it's more about the experiences while playing it. Also I haven't bought a new console since the xbox 360, so it about time for an upgrade.

Edited by Clamor

• Content Count:  11723

I've been playing a lot of Japanese release game and Zelda.

I'm pretty happy with the switch.

I've not cared to much about graphics but for a small thing like this, it was a surprise.

A few frame stutters here and there but other than that im loving it.

Cant wait for Mario kart and Smash bros DELUXE

• Content Count:  2187

I've been playing a lot of Japanese release game and Zelda.

I'm pretty happy with the switch.

I've not cared to much about graphics but for a small thing like this, it was a surprise.

A few frame stutters here and there but other than that im loving it.

For the frame stutters, I heard it was only from connecting it to the TV. The Switch doesn't seem to have any stutters.

Reply to Thread