? servers

? players online

TTT Mapping Contest Participants

• Content Count:  1050

I've decided to enter.

Will we be able to test out the map on the server or something before the actual deadline? This to make sure the map function as intended with many players?

The map testing on the server will be done after the deadline, however a few admins will test it on a private server beforehand.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  11

I'm participating :)

(Kirby's friend)

No idea where to publish it so here it is :

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=911709927

I don't know if I've done everything fine and if it's going to work on the server, first time I make a map for TTT, but I hope you'll enjoy it ! :)

• Like 2
Edited by Raphi

• Content Count:  461

I think I'd like to request that extension since I've recently found some time and have started work on a map. I've gotten a lot done but its mostly just blocked out now, I've still got to work in all the entities and skybox and etc and don't think I can get that done with 5 days left since the weekends are when I have most of my time.

@arottenpickle pls

• Content Count:  461

Finally ready to submit.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/ijtic7y3zw1z32v/ttt_invasion_v1_fcd.bsp

Here is an album for the map: http://imgur.com/a/rwtaV

To be honest, I'm upset with how the map finally turned out. The theme was originally something from a WWII Normandy idea, and Day of Defeat: Source would have provided with a lot of content. But after I finished the map the first time, the DOD:S content and excess prop lighting just took up too much of the file size to keep in the map. I had to replace all the original barbed wire with standard fencing, replace almost all of the DOD:S models, and many of the textures I had used to keep the size low. The size was originally 218 MB, I've cut it down to 118. I wasn't sure what could be kept, so I removed all except the flak 38's. These are all I really wanted to keep in the map since my theme was abolished.

In the end though, I'm happy that I took the time to create the map. It was definitely a learning experience and for my first completed map that I had actually made by scratch, I am pleased with it. I am thankful for this chance to map as, for the first time, I had a real reason to get into mapping. I first had the idea about a month before the contest, and I took inspiration from the TTT Island map and Medal of Honor Allied Assault: Breakthrough. There is bunker in one of the Afrika levels that I thought had the perfect design that I wanted to replicate. After I finally had enough free time, I had the entire map blocked out to start within two days. The first two days made me realize I could make a pretty good map with just 1(+2) weeks left in the contest. This contest made me realize that I had a ton of fun mapping.

Again, thanks for the awesome opportunity to engage in mapping for the community! I'm not sure if I should make a map request or just post here since the thread says to do either.

also :lisastache:

• Like 6

Reply to Thread