? servers

? players online

TTT Mapping Contest Rules/Discussion Thread

• Content Count:  3401

Question Time

1) Whats the 3 most popular TTT weapons

2) Whats the 3 least popular weapons

3) How long does a round last/pre-round/after-round?

4) Will we get time to test the maps on a live server beforehand?

You're going to find most people want M4A1s or AK47s, I like to put five of each of them in the maps I arm because I don't want loads, but you'll find some maps do have a lot of them.

Weapons to NOT put in: AWPs, M4A1-S, Auto-Snipers, the CZ-75 is also pretty useless.

• Content Count:  913

:p I was really hoping for figures if possible is all.

Burying the good, popular weapons deep in the map, where its a lot more dangerous. Means I get to put the shitty unused weapons at the start.

Rewards players for taking a risk

• Content Count:  3401

:p I was really hoping for figures if possible is all.

Burying the good, popular weapons deep in the map, shitty unused weapons at the start.

Rewards players for taking a risk.

That's how I like to think about it.

• Content Count:  98

My mistake I meant to delete the Technical Editor Part, so I have removed that. Secondly, newer mappers/inexperienced mappers will get some sort of bonus, but definitely not 75 points worth, I will edit that as well, and that will be judged on case-by-case basis (I may remove this entirely).

Can you finally clarify the rules/ judgement?

Kind of hard to enter a contest without even knowing the full rules, judgement etc...

All maps entered in the TTT Mapping Contest must be submitted by April 30th, 2017.

Is there any kind of deadline for entering the contest? Is it mandatory to "sign up" in the participants thread?

My mistake I meant to delete the Technical Editor Part, so I have removed that. Secondly, newer mappers/inexperienced mappers will get some sort of bonus, but definitely not 75 points worth, I will edit that as well, and that will be judged on case-by-case basis (I may remove this entirely).

What about that whole Technical Editor Part... is it gonna stay removed?

What way are you going to decide who gets "Unexperienced Mapper Points"?

How are you going to judge the Performance/Optimization part?

What do you exactly mean with Creativity?

• Content Count:  2947

Can you finally clarify the rules/ judgement?

It has all been updated, go to original post. Its pretty clear on how each map will be judged and scored.

Kind of hard to enter a contest without even knowing the full rules, judgement etc...

Not at all, its quite clear the rules that have been put out themselves, you're the one that gave them to me and pickle and I changed what we thought was necessary.

Is there any kind of deadline for entering the contest? Is it mandatory to "sign up" in the participants thread?

Read the Original post in the announcements section. And yes I would like to see the contestants post so I can get a general idea of how many maps we will be judging.

What about that whole Technical Editor Part... is it gonna stay removed?

Yes. Map's will be judged based on whats been said in my original contest thread.

What way are you going to decide who gets "Unexperienced Mapper Points"?

Based off of steam hours on their profiles, asking about the contestants experiences, but I already have a general idea on whos new and who has more experience with SDK.

FPS, lag spikes, etc.

What do you exactly mean with Creativity?

You're the one who came up with the judgement s, so you know exactly what I mean (Id like to see some creativity, something maybe new to the TTT map rotation.

^

• Content Count:  98

Not at all, its quite clear the rules that have been put out themselves, you're the one that gave them to me and pickle and I changed what we thought was necessary.

The rules/overall idea I sent you were just inaccurate suggestions. I never thought you would actually announce the whole contest like that.(without any further details. My suggested judgement process was based of the technical Hammer Editor judement point.

After you changed a lot without any re-discussion, I wasn´t sure anymore how things would be judged...that´s why I asked specific questions.

Read the Original post in the announcements section. And yes I would like to see the contestants post so I can get a general idea of how many maps we will be judging.

I was actually refering to the entering of the contest and not the submission deadline.

FPS, lag spikes, etc.

When a map doesn´t have much detail or isn´t that big you most likely won´t have any lag spikes or FPS issues allthough the optimization is poorly made.

How are you going to judge such cases?

You're the one who came up with the judgement s, so you know exactly what I mean (Id like to see some creativity, something maybe new to the TTT map rotation.

As I already explained, my whole judgement was based of a Technical Hammer judgement part. Since that´s gone, I don´t know what you mean.

Creativity often refers to special map locations or map-themes. Sometimes it could also refer to special usage of entities.

So what do you mean with creativity and "maybe something new to the rotation"?

• Content Count:  2947

The rules/overall idea I sent you were just inaccurate suggestions. I never thought you would actually announce the whole contest like that.(without any further details. My suggested judgement process was based of the technical Hammer Editor judement point.

After you changed a lot without any re-discussion, I wasn´t sure anymore how things would be judged...that´s why I asked specific questions.

No problem.

I was actually refering to the entering of the contest and not the submission deadline.

Yes, you just simply reply to my other thread in the events section, and mention that you are entering the TTT Mapping contest. All the information you need is in my original thread in the announcements section.

When a map doesn´t have much detail or isn´t that big you most likely won´t have any lag spikes or FPS issues allthough the optimization is poorly made. How are you going to judge such cases?

Well our TTT Server has 30 slots, so a map has to have at least 30 spawns and space for all players to run around. Again, you can tell just by how much effort went into maps and this will be judged on a case-by-case basis. Remember that I am going to get some of the Community Advisors to help us choose the top 3 maps, so it wont be solely based on pickle and I's decision.

As I already explained, my whole judgement was based of a Technical Hammer judgement part. Since that´s gone, I don´t know what you mean. Creativity often refers to special map locations or map-themes. Sometimes it could also refer to special usage of entities. So what do you mean with creativity and "maybe something new to the rotation"?

Just be creative with your map, have a "theme" that has not been done before. I cant give you exactly the definition of what we want, but I personally would like to see something that hast not been done before in a TTT map and that has a good chance at winning the contest.

• Content Count:  461

More of an after thought about the finished product, but if the map is made, done, submitted by the deadline, and is added to the server, can you make changes to it afterwards in terms of bug fixing/adding content if it is after the deadline? As in the contest is over and the maps that won are added, can they be edited at that point to fix/change anything the mapper wants to, excluding removing the banner and such. The last line is a little discouraging, but I assume that this can be done once the contest is over.

Reply to Thread