• Content Count:  3401

Map Suggestion

Full map name

jb_lego_jail_v8_fix

Type of map

Jail Break

Link to map download

Additional Information

Someone ported Lego Jail again - No idea how good it is or the issues stated are an actual issue.

Mostly bug/glitch fixes---

Fixed randomizer colors flickering.

Removed annoying scream at chairs game.

Added an env_spritetrail.

Fixed a few bugs and texture glitches.

T's can now sit ontop of their cell door.

This is a re-port of the map from CSS.

The old port was rather lazy and the guy who did it deleted a lot of features. i have re-built them in this.

Added a radar.

Added soccer scoreboard.

Added buttons to delete/spawn a ball.

Added 2 new songs to the Disco.

Added a few songs to VIP room.

Fixed mobility issues in the old port.

Fixed most textures.

Added a new level: Random cubes.

I am not the creator of this map, i only ported it from CSS,fixed a few features and added a couple of custom textures.

Screenshots attached

No

• Like 3

• Content Count:  13

Hey guys, i'm the guy who ported that lego fix version. ill write some details here about the map and you can choose whether you deem it worth enough to make the switch.

First as mentioned > In soccer i re-added the counter that use to exist in CSGO.

I also added the random cubes game again (used to be in CSS as well but completely deleted in CSGO port)

Added a radar for the map.

Added 2 new songs to disco.

Fixed the flickering at the four corners game.

Replaced the screaming sound at chairs game with a different sound.(shit was annoying.)

Fixed a lot of mobility issues in the map (having to duck while climbing the ladders from CT spawn/Soccer)

Added to ability for T's to climb above their cell's door (used to be in CSS version but CSGO player height changed and stopped working.)

Added 2 small secrets (shouldn't impact game-play too much).

Re-textured the big speakers at disco/vip room.

Re-aligned a lot of the textures(For obvious aesthetics)

VIP room can now switch between a few songs.

FPS-Optimized the map (although it's a pretty light map).

There might be some more small things (like being able to completely kill the ball if you want) that weren't in the original version but i decided to improve on.

• Like 3
Edited by Krest`

• Content Count:  3401

This was requested and rejected here excluding the update that was added 3 hours ago.

Also like Goku's final post in that thread said, it'd just fuck with map stats switching over and the fixes don't seem worth it.

Do we care about map stats that much that we don't want better versions of maps?

I don't think I've ever met anyone who cares about map stats lol

• Like 1
Edited by frosty

• Content Count:  2589

Do we care about map stats that much that we don't want better versions of maps?

I don't think I've ever met anyone who cares about map stats lol

To be exact, I rejected it because the very little changes were not worth bothering to update the server map list and have people download a new map. I wouldn't even go as far as "we don't want better versions of maps" because that would be calling the version of the map that I rejected better, which it honestly wasn't. It boiled down mostly to new song in disco and a soccer scoreboard that no one would ever look at anyway.

As for if we care about map stats, they sometimes come into play when discussing map removals or comparing some maps. For example when looking at how often a map is played. It honestly doesn't matter that much, but for how little was changed in that version, i didn't find it important enough to fuck with it.

Simply put I deemed at the time of rejection that the differences in the map were so minimal there wasn't a reason to even bother with the switch.

As for the current proposed version, there appears to be some extra differences that were either just added or are just now being made clear. Up to the AOs if they want to switch or not and I don't care enough to test it myself.

• Like 1