? servers

? players online

AFK Freeze

• Content Count:  1083

Can we PLEASE remove AFK freeze? PLEASE IM BEGGING. It just gets abused too much. I know people are going to say that it is not allowed if it is unreasonable, but it's still a problem. It feels like every round someone is saying AFK freeze. I know for a fact when admins aren't on (which does happen often) it is utilized to its full potential. The thing is, most of the time it's not long enough for me to really issue a warning or punishment, but it's just enough to be SUPER TRIGGERING after doing the exact same thing while waiting in your cell. I mean you are just sitting there doing absolutely nothing in comparison to at least being able to turn and knife while frozen normally. Frankly I think it is just an extremely annoying nuisance that doesn't really have hardly ANY positive outcome on gameplay. It is completely overused and boring for the majority of players. I just don't think it is worth keeping around. You aren't gaining anything from it but it stills annoys the shit out of players (like me: :triggered:)

• Like 5

• Content Count:  11723

Yeah.

No more grey area.

They say afk freeze but I get shot for knifing the air or walls but I'm allowed to move a bit so I'm not moved from spec, BUT to make things worst, I'm shot for moving because of afk and I can't even heal.

Its a pretty shit rule even for us.

If you say freeze you should freeze in place but still able to look around and or knife

• Like 3

• Content Count:  1421

Im good with it being removed. The only use this order has is for gun checks and you can esaily just tell the Ts to face a wall, which still gives them the freedom to knife and move so they dont get AFK managed.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2844

I already stated my stance on the matter on this thread here. We discussed the possibility of removing or modifying the afk freeze rule. I still agree that we should just remove it altogether since it's quite annoying when it's being overused to the limit.

This is what the rules state about the afk freeze:

AFK freeze means you can not move at all. Including keyboard and/or mouse movement such as looking around or knifing.

AFK freeze has always been allowed on the server. The biggest concern I hear about the order AFK freeze, is the AFK timer. The afk manager does not move you to spectate until you've been afk for 70 seconds. It also warns you 15, 10 and 5 seconds before you get moved to spectate. One of our server rules, is that orders must be reasonable. If you are ordered to AFK freeze for 70 seconds and are being moved to spectate, at that point the CT is no longer giving reasonable orders.

Meaning you can pretty much order the Ts to afk freeze for more than a minute which is just ridiculous. At least some kind of reformation should be done to the rule, but I'd rather see it removed altogether.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1612

I personally rather see it at least restricted, but in reality, it's looking like it would be a better option to remove it altogether because of it's consistent misuse and abuse on the server. Especially with the "Last CT does not need to warning shot" rule, all a last CT needs to do it just call "AFK freeze", and anyone that twitches gets killed. That is not fun, and I will be looking into this.

• Like 6

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.