? servers

? players online

Death Games

• Content Count:  1403

Exactly why we don't have to add another rule for this specific situation, I've been doing this for probably the last few weeks with a full server, admins online or not and I haven't been told anything until I mentioned on the forums. I'm not saying that it isn't a special order I am just confused why this is an issue now. To be completely honest you may have even been on the server one of the times I offered this reward. (Don't keep my word for it though).

I understand your point of view entirely and if it truely affects the gameplay I will stop but I just don't see a reason why I should other than the fact that it can be considered a "special order".

I even did this exact situation on the server while @SL4DE was present. It was surprisly around 10 Ts that played FRLR and once there was one T remaining we gave them a freeday, fortunately the T decided to receive an LR due to the fact that there was only 4 Ts remaining.

Edited by Four

• Content Count:  5674

I'm not saying that it isn't a special order

So you're acknowledging the fact that you're giving a special order when in a quite recent thread about updated rules it said CTs cannot give special orders. I'm not trying to say it's affecting gameplay a whole lot, I was just saying that it was something that wasn't supposed to be done.

So, unless I'm incorrect here, giving a freeday to one specific winner of a death-game is a special order and unless a rule is changed again it isn't supposed to be done. Having to understand why you should stop just because it's a "special order" is like understanding to stop gunplanting just because it's a gunplant, the only reason is that it's a rule.

You may have done it in front of admins, maybe you did in front of me though I don't recall, it could've just slipped their minds or they could've been focused on something else.

The only reason I cut in was to say it was a special order, which it is, and it's also not allowed, so there isn't much else to say. I guess this can just act as a rule change proposal because there isn't anything to defend the fact that you can't give special orders, but there is always ups and downs to rule changes and one of the downs would be that CTs would again get confused and accidentally kill Ts. I'm not trying to say I'm against people giving freedays for winning death-games, I was just stating that it was in the rules.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1612

I can understand your mindset of how giving a winner of a deathgame a freeday for surviving, but it's completely different from a special order. An example of a special order would be "All T's go to big cage, except for EZrebeller69, he will go to isolation". The player who survived the death game did just that, survived a game where a loss would result in death, therefore, he can be given a freeday as an award.

Since the dawn of time when JB was a new gamemode, rewards were given for surviving a deathgame. Back then, if you won, you survived, and your life was your reward. (It's a lot different now, deathgames used to be forced) If we were to keep saying that giving a freeday after surviving a deathgame is a special order, then we might as well say that asking to go somewhere to play a deathgame with willing participants is a special order; and that would make jailbreak boring as hell.

Instead of a freeday as an award, you can tell them to go play somewhere restricted, or give suggestions of where all the rest of the T's should go. If a deathgame survivor wants to S4S, and two parties agree, do an LR early. He earned it, he deserves it. However, he is still a prisoner, so he is not entitled to anything more then his life for winning a deathgame IF the CT's choose. If you don't like it, then rebel.

Back to the original topic:

I personally believe SG should make a rule for 1 death game per round. Having No Deathgames makes For example most maps Useless. I personally Believe it makes the game semi less fun.. Tell me what you thinl

We tried forced deathgames in many different scenarios, but not forcing deathgames gave the server the best result. I doubt it is going to be incorporated into the future.

• Like 3
Edited by SL4DE
Formatting

• Content Count:  1619

I personally believe SG should make a rule for 1 death game per round. Having No Deathgames makes For example most maps Useless. I personally Believe it makes the game semi less fun.. Tell me what you thinl

No no no, I do not want to go down that road again. It did not work, same death games round after round. Terrible orders were given to kill time. "Crouch to big cage, crouch to iso, crouch to pool, OK Death game time!"

I nearly quit the server because the game was so boring. Be thankful you didn't join during that experiment, you would've left.

• Content Count:  2262

No no no, I do not want to go down that road again. It did not work, same death games round after round. Terrible orders were given to kill time. "Crouch to big cage, crouch to iso, crouch to pool, OK Death game time!"

I nearly quit the server because the game was so boring. Be thankful you didn't join during that experiment, you would've left.

This delay-till-force-death-game is abused by people who want to get kills, same goes with freeday no x. We can't change the mentality of the people who play ct just to get score. While i agreed forced death game speed round faster and make it more interesting, but the "Crouch to big cage, crouch to iso, crouch to pool, OK Death game time!" does killed the fun.

This delay-till-force-death-game is abused by people who want to get kills, same goes with freeday no x. We can't change the mentality of the people who play ct just to get score. While i agreed forced death game speed round faster and make it more interesting, but the "Crouch to big cage, crouch to iso, crouch to pool, OK Death game time!" does killed the fun.

Sadly there's no way to bring in death games that don't:

A. Make the server like every other JB server

B. Make the rounds incredibly boring to play

At least there's no way that I can think of.

• Content Count:  4

I think that being able to force deathgames would make the game more fun. I like the idea of maybe only allowing 1-2 per round. Most CTs used to only force that amount anyways.

I think that being able to force deathgames would make the game more fun. I like the idea of maybe only allowing 1-2 per round. Most CTs used to only force that amount anyways.

We tried forceddeath games before and it just didn't work. Like stated above, it made the game so boring to play.

• Content Count:  39

Yeah. When forced deathgames where first brought, they were completely overused within the first minute or two. Then a rule was implemented that you couldn't force death games until 2:30, which would caused CTs to delay until then. There was one more change that you could only force one map made death game until 4 players were left.

There was too many changes and it kinda made it not fun for Ts, as round after round the same exact cycle was happening even after rules were changed over and over again to contemplate for the players. But nothing really worked out and thats why I think it was all together removed. I don't think the server ever should or would bring forced death games back.

• Content Count:  2262

Force death game in my mind is fun. However, the CT population in our server will only force deathgame to increase their k/d ratio, the only force death game before they have to use the map made death game was FRLR and simon says. Hence the rules was removed.

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.