ba_jail_sandstorm removal

• Content Count:  1546

Map Removal

Full map name

ba_jail_sandstorm

Type of map

Jail Break

Why should we remove it

The map is super tiny, making it very difficult for the cts in a full server.. Not to mention that the hallways are extremely n a r r o w. The only way to armory is from the vent in the pool shed and it just makes it easy for the cts to camp there all day. Also, there's literally nothing fun to do in the map.

I know the map was added just yesterday but I'm pretty sure the vote to add the map to the server was 5:6. pls post your opinions

• Content Count:  1403

Firstly I'd just like to mention that this map was extended twice by the server so it couldn't be that bad, you were there during the testing and we all knew the hallways were narrow, I found it more CT sided so yes it is difficult to obtain weapons but overall it was a fun map. Depending on who is on CT side and how they manage the Ts will determine how much fun you will actually have. The Ts were actually rebelling quite often during the testing. I can't remember exactly but I think it was a bit more in favor of keeping the map on the rotation.

We tested an entire mapcycle with this map, and had it extended with the regular map vote as well. It's not a bad map to play on so far. Some issues I've noticed on top of other issues in my previous post:

-bathroom doors are spammable, makes an annoying noise

-some rooms, such as the bathroom, are too difficult to shove a full server into

Other then guns being able to be grabbed through armory walls, I'm going to accept this map into the regular rotation, as it was highly enjoyable by majority vote of 86%+ percent of the server.

ADDED!

Edited by Four
I added Slade's post on why he added it.

• Content Count:  1546

Firstly I'd just like to mention that this map was extended twice by the server so it couldn't be that bad, you were there during the testing and we all knew the hallways were narrow, I found it more CT sided so yes it is difficult to obtain weapons but overall it was a fun map. Depending on who is on CT side and how they manage the Ts will determine how much fun you will actually have. The Ts were actually rebelling quite often during the testing. I can't remember exactly but I think it was a bit more in favor of keeping the map on the rotation.

I did not have fun while playing the map. There were countless Ts yelling that they needed to go to medic because the cts were having a hard time trying to catch those disobeying in the hallways.

• Content Count:  1403

I did not have fun while playing the map. There were countless Ts yelling that they needed to go to medic because the cts were having a hard time trying to catch those disobeying in the hallways.
I completely understand it was difficult getting the Ts through the narrow hallways, since I played CT side during the testing I can't comment on that side of it. I was 50/50 myself on wether to add this map or reject it.

P.S. Slots are 28 :p

Edited by Four

• Content Count:  1619

The door noise getting spammed was awful, and it will just continue getting spammed. If there is a bigger version of the map with disco and other games and silent doors, then add that one.

• Content Count:  1612

Seeing as we have mixed results, I want this thread to sit for a bit until we can get more votes in the thread poll. If you haven't weighed your vote in yet, do it now.