? servers

? players online

What makes a good Jail Break Map?

• Content Count:  11723

After trying a few of the requested Jail break maps, I started to ask myself what makes a good jail break map?

For myself, Since I am from our 08/09 Jailbreak days we had maps that are not something you see today.

A few of these maps were maps like Alcatraz, Foxriver, SG_Girls, and most of the Electric maps.

Now the question, what makes a good jailbreak map?

Is it a good mixture of games, fun areas to explore, hidden secrets to rebel?

For me its map layout and the looks of a map.

It needs to look good but also must have a good flow to the chaos when sending people to an area.

Maps like electric is the prime example of map layout.

It just works.

So what do you think?

• Like 1

• Content Count:  2187

I feel like razor's popular because it allows people, prisoners and guards alike, to move around. What I mean by this is that it has no dead ends. Anywhere you go, there's always another path to go. For example, if I were to go to pool, I could go to the vent to grab the deagle or maybe I could go on the diving board in order to get on catwalk and take out a CT that maybe be on it. If I were to go to Big Cage, I could take the vent that leads straight to armory or I could take the other vent that leads to the CT area of pool and take the scout that's located there. If I were to go to showers, I could get to the vent and grab the aforementioned deagle, get to VIP and probably shank a CT, or go through the teleporter that leads straight to the Soccer catwalk.

The map offers a good flow for all players and that's what I think makes a good map. You rarely see a dead end and that's what makes us more inclined to play it more. It's like the Dust 2 of Prison Break maps. Always fun to play, easy to remember but hard to master.

Textures and great graphics are fine, sure, but it's not what's on the walls that should appeal to someone. It should be what's behind the walls that make people interested in a map.

• Like 1
Edited by Frostbitten

• Content Count:  4441

1. Balance (ct weapons, armor, vents, teleport, guns)

2. Amount of shit to do (soccer, pool, jumprope, disco)

3. Aesthetics (nice lighting, good building structure, vibrant colors, textures that mesh well with the environment and decals)

• Like 1

• Content Count:  1950

Good maps need multiple exits and things to do which is why razor works. Having secrets and teleports as alternate exits helps prevent CTs from standing in the same spots. Also having guns and grenades in cells helps to promote rebelling.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

• Like 2

• Content Count:  1621

A few of these maps were maps like Alcatraz, Foxriver

Best maps right there. We need uhm back :(

What makes a good map is having most areas with something that can help with an escape or an item. Sometimes even multiple ways, depending on how the map is laid out. Although the old maps lacked games, the areas were well built and you could at least rebel out of that room. Granted maps like Alcatraz had that huge bottleneck hallway, but it had multiple doors down the hallway. When you compare it to a map like spy vs spy and you go outside and there is one vent which is always camped by a ct, so rebelling is heavily team based. There is no corners and if your team doesn't rebel, have fun for 3 and a half minutes. Main cell in spy vs spy is another area that lacks ways to rebel, unless you have the one vent cell that can open. Maps need more tunnels or a little more planning in design and how its playable. Some maps just seem like they are made just to be a pb map and have no real chance to do much.

There is always somewhere to go and something to do, ct orders change more when you play a map that has more. The same orders aren't repeated, because the lay out of the map doesn't allow for it to happen. Also Like frost said there are rarely any dead ends, because the map has been thought out.

• Content Count:  1619

Disco where !stopmusic works

Maps where CTs can't just camp a room or rooftop all round (Summerjail is horrible for camping spots)

Maps that aren't the same 3-5 maps replayed over and over again

Hentai rooms lol

Cells that contain weapons

Doors that don't kill you

Big, but not overwhelming maps

Reply to Thread

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.