? servers

? players online

Smal addition that could prevent some rule-breaking newbies

• Content Count:  122

Before I start, I hope that I am not annoying any of you out there. My goal is to help improve this server, not to reach "100 posts for admin", because to apply for admin, you need to be a forum member for 90 days, so please pay attention to that instead.

Onto the thread.

Example:The majority of RDMers on TTT, are people who are new, who obviously don't know what to do, so they just go onto killing everyone that comes across their sights.

To prevent some RDM (or any other server rule breaking) from occurring, we could add a rules/how-to-play screen overlay to first-time players, which they cannot spawn in until they scroll all the way down, and press "I agree to the rules". This is a simple system that could work to make new player not be so confused, which will likely stop them from breaking our rules. Now my concern as usual, is the scripting behind this, I don't know how that works, which means I'm not sure if this is possible to add to the server.

Thank you for reading my idea.

~Regards, WolfArmyGod.

• Content Count:  3401

There is a way this can be done with a menu that pops up as I've seen on other servers. Just like we have !rules now, it pops up at the start and it won't go until you press 9 to agree to them. Obviously it doesn't mean the person will read them.

• Content Count:  2238

It sounds like a nice idea on paper, but honestly any server I've joined that had something like this or a window that pops up and has x amount of seconds before I'm able to close it, I don't read a damn thing.

• Content Count:  122

There should be some sort of disclaimer at the top, that would say something like "Please read this so that you understand how to play the game", just something that catches attention. Also it wouldn't be a popup like frosty said, I was referring to a server message overlay, because it covers the whole screen.

• Content Count:  1050

It sounds like a nice idea on paper, but honestly any server I've joined that had something like this or a window that pops up and has x amount of seconds before I'm able to close it, I don't read a damn thing.

Exactly what Exrev said, people never read disclaimers so this would just be a waste of time. Sticking a wall of text in peoples face won't make them learn the rules.

Reply to Thread