? servers

? players online

In-game sounds by typing out command.

• Content Count:  363

So, heres my suggestion to make the servers a somewhat funner place. We should have sounds that play from your player when you type certain commands in chat like say; typing "cheers" in all chat would have a mp3 of Tracer saying Cheers Love from your player.

Obviously this system would work the same as the hide-and-seek pinging system where the farther you are from the person, you would hear it more quietly and it won't be a global sound just loud enough say like you're 1000 blocks from the player, that would be the limit of how far you can hear it.

We can also have seasonal sounds such as "hohoho" which would play a generic santa hohoho or

"boo" which would play the ghost sound from mario.

Also, limit the time between each sound say like 15 seconds to prevent spamming and a limit on how many sounds you can use per round. Probably 5-7 for non-subs and maybe 10 for subscribers.

All you ZE server hoppers may know that they have this system in mapeadores already.

• Content Count:  3401

I like the idea, you can maybe add them to the !store as well so you can buy better ones with credits etc and have subscriber specific ones. Since you're a ZE Reg !store wouldn't work but whatever.

As long as the download time is kept at a minimum.

The idea is good but i am just worrying about the download time and the size of all sounds' .

I've done a bit of tinkering with "sound clips" don't ask why but I was a curious individual before I was an admin. Each sound should be roughly like 5-20 kb depending on how large/long they are and how well they're compressed. Im suggesting that these sounds are like 1-2 seconds long so maybe like 5kb per sound if compressed properly and depending on what quality we want it to be. So we can probably fit like a bunch of them but we don't need to overload on them.

• Content Count:  6759

And exactly how would this work when it comes to tight holds and people cluttered in those choke points? I can only imagine 40+ players all in a small area holding anywhere between 15-60 seconds and multiple sound clips going off loud because the distance between everyone is pretty short so you'd be able to hear 40+ spam different sounds at the same time. Considering that a lot of maps do have such tight holds

• Content Count:  1468

And exactly how would this work when it comes to tight holds and people cluttered in those choke points? I can only imagine 40+ players all in a small area holding anywhere between 15-60 seconds and multiple sound clips going off loud because the distance between everyone is pretty short so you'd be able to hear 40+ spam different sounds at the same time. Considering that a lot of maps do have such tight holds

Sub only or expensive shit in store?

I wasn't saying that this should be strictly ZE qwq. But going onto whats on your to-do list. Rewarding regulars with the ability to use sounds would be a solution to this so we don't have a bunch of randoms joining in and spamming.

• Content Count:  1421

This would most likely be abused, meaning we would also have to have rules to limit this which would be annoying to set up. This would also be a terrible idea as on servers like JB or TTT, cus you need to be able to hear everyone and there's already enough noise going on at the same time. This would also cause more unnecessary work toward the servers.

Although I do see this working as a sub perk as long as it can only be used every 30 seconds or so, although I still don't see any benefit to having it. Also the sounds need to be not very loud.

Edited by Nimmy

• Content Count:  4441

Yeah, I think it would be incredibly distracting on most of the servers. I could see something like that on MG, ZE, Casual, but seeing it on PB & TTT is much harder as communication is really important. If it was setup to prevent abuse via some kind of cooldown and low volume it could maybe work but I don't agree with adding this to the servers as it would be a pain in the ass.

Other people already brought up download time so I don't have much to say about that.

Good post anyway! :^_^:

• Like 2

Reply to Thread