? servers

? players online

Karma on TTT : Ban Evasion: Solution?

• Content Count:  120

So the starting karma is 1000 in TTT. New ppl may rdm bc they dont know what they are doing, so in the worst case they may drop under 900 karma. By then they would be told to read the rules and conform to them. If they do this they should be on a steady increase in Karma. If they do not conform and keep rdming and breaking rules then they will be punished by admins. But when there are no admins on that is another story.

Recently I have been seeing people with below 600 karma... and even seen 300 karma... to get this low you obviously have to be breaking the rules and evading admins. On TTT server there can be a 30 to a hour gap b4 a admin is even on so this can give them a window to Be Bad BOys.. Im kinda asking why isnt there a lowest karma limit that auto bans? The damage reduction again dosnt solve the problem... or isnt enough.. Just saying there should be a karma limit on the lower end of the spectrum... Just ball parking 700 or lower.. what ever is reasonable.

• Content Count:  701

The karma system was built in to slow down rdmers really since there's huge damage reduction after a certain point. Personally I wouldn't think an auto ban works out because things happen and TTT's situational. If I had to make a compromise I'd say below 300 which rarely happens but even then it's so hard to really just base it on karma.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  120

I understand its situational... I guess im saying its insane that they can have that low of karma knowing the rules :/

They either are doing it intentionally, don't know english, or just a bad player...

There can also be glitches with the server also...

Im saying there just need to am improvement to the system to catch the "evaders" Just tryin to give ideas and help out.

Thanks for your response

Im not very bright so maybe im the wrong person to figure it out, but a blind squirrel can find a nut once in awhile.

Edited by idealist
Merged posts

• Content Count:  701

@Gator to counter that though honestly sometimes it's hard to catch them. I've seen people who just rdm occasionally but don't raise their karma either so there's that predicament. Calling an admins probably the best option.

• Content Count:  1401

The karma system was built in to slow down rdmers really since there's huge damage reduction after a certain point. Personally I wouldn't think an auto ban works out because things happen and TTT's situational. If I had to make a compromise I'd say below 300 which rarely happens but even then it's so hard to really just base it on karma.

As Enk here said its built to slow them down and have some form of competition between the regulars. But its also a good way for us admins to see if we should keep an eye out on them or not. I'm not a fan about the autoban thing cuz there is a protocol in place for a reason (slay/kick/ban) and this autoban would completely overrule it. That and TTT is highly situational, banning someone with the reason "you have ??? karma" is just something i really don't like, in my opinion. What if he never had some helpfull players that told him to read the rules, or he is used to another TTT server with different rules, him defending himself after being called a false kos,... There are way too many reasons for it being possible to have low karma (from situational rdm) to actually implement an autobansystem for it.

As said by the others make player complaints or call in an admin via pm or cb. My steam prof if you want to add me.

• Content Count:  122

The system to ban evaders is in the player complaint section. If a person can get themselves to 300 or below karma, they have to kill people and if these people aren't reporting, nothing can be done.

If you really think about it, you will never ever get to play the game, because there are always new people rdming. So if you're just going to continuously report someone, minute after minute, then when will you actually get to play the game? This is a little exaggerated but it is true in a way.

• Content Count:  1050

If you really think about it, you will never ever get to play the game, because there are always new people rdming. So if you're just going to continuously report someone, minute after minute, then when will you actually get to play the game? This is a little exaggerated but it is true in a way.

I don't agree at all.

You're acting like RDM is a new thing that has never been around TTT. It's been around for years, ever since the GMod days. You don't have to sit in the server and make a player complaint every single time someone does a "BAD ACTION". I understand that there isn't always admins on the server, but you can add some on steam or call for help in the shoutbox. Little over a year ago, I was a regular on the TTT server and there was a lot of RDM. This didn't ruin the fun or the gamemode for me, because there is always something you can do. Also you don't have to make the player complaints right away, you can wait until you have finished playing before posting them.

• Like 2

• Content Count:  122

I don't agree at all.

You're acting like RDM is a new thing that has never been around TTT. It's been around for years, ever since the GMod days. You don't have to sit in the server and make a player complaint every single time someone does a "BAD ACTION". I understand that there isn't always admins on the server, but you can add some on steam or call for help in the shoutbox. Little over a year ago, I was a regular on the TTT server and there was a lot of RDM. This didn't ruin the fun or the gamemode for me, because there is always something you can do. Also you don't have to make the player complaints right away, you can wait until you have finished playing before posting them.

I know it's been around for years, but we don't do anything to stop it, yeah you punish people, but it keeps coming over and over. It's not too much of a problem most of the time, but when it is, sheesh.

Reply to Thread