? servers

? players online

Opinions about For Honor Beta

• Content Count:  202

My one problem with the game is that it only works for 1 on 1 fights (that includes 2 v 2 since you are still only fighting one person at a time). Game modes like dominion just do not work in my opinion as once you have to fight 2 or more people at once, there is almost no way to win unless you get lucky. The problem with For Honor is that it has the mechanics of a fighting game, while trying to bring the appeal of a shooter with it's game modes. Even games like Counter Strike where communication and teamwork is key, you are still given a fighting chance when up against multiple opponents. In For Honor, you either run or die. Or both.

• Content Count:  1050

I like the game a lot, the gameplay is really enjoyable and it runs really smoothly. I won't be buying it though, because personally I think it's not worth 60$.

My one problem with the game is that it only works for 1 on 1 fights (that includes 2 v 2 since you are still only fighting one person at a time). Game modes like dominion just do not work in my opinion as once you have to fight 2 or more people at once, there is almost no way to win unless you get lucky.

Yeah I agree, but once you fall in a 2v1 you need to focus on blocking. If you're lucky enough to block a few hits, you can actually win the fight with "Revenge".

• Content Count:  2262

My one problem with the game is that it only works for 1 on 1 fights (that includes 2 v 2 since you are still only fighting one person at a time). Game modes like dominion just do not work in my opinion as once you have to fight 2 or more people at once, there is almost no way to win unless you get lucky. The problem with For Honor is that it has the mechanics of a fighting game, while trying to bring the appeal of a shooter with it's game modes. Even games like Counter Strike where communication and teamwork is key, you are still given a fighting chance when up against multiple opponents. In For Honor, you either run or die. Or both.
I won some 2 v 1 with revenge.

• Content Count:  101

I literally learned that the hard way today in 4v4 deathmatch. Its aterrible gamemode and contradicts the title, there is no honor in ganks. Dominion is okay tho, deathmatch needs to be removed. otherwise I pretty much agree.

• Content Count:  1468

So I've been playing this a decent bit, and like most people I started off awful. After learning about revenge, and also using quick communication it's quite obvious how to win certain fights.

I must say some of the game is fucking shit and annoys me. The shit you can do on ladders annoys me, and I don't feel you should be able to just hold on a ladder and be able to keep easy ground on it to be honest. Ladders need changing, I feel.

I've been playing as mostly one character, the Kensei. I really like his move set and it's important to not just read their combos but to also read the left side stuff. I didn't know Kensei had a way to always have unblockable attacks on final chain until I read that, and it just makes it so much easier to win some fights.

Revenge mode I looked up cause it confused me, and it's very easy to get granted you play it well enough.

I'll be honest, this game is pretty fun but I'd never pay £40? I think or $60 for this game. Definitely not worth that amount. I wouldn't buy it if it was half the price but I mean I would say it's a reasonable price.

Another thing I have against this game is the equipment system. It makes no sense imo, what's the point in having equipment in a game like this? Maybe to show progression yeah but I mean still... The feats are ok and should be unlocked how they are but not equipment lol.

I also encountered a strange bug. Half my current missions are in french. I mean... ok? lol

I see no reason to even complete the missions either. Unless they are required for upgrading equipment then :shrug:

tl;dr game isn't worth the money, wouldn't pay if half price, has some stupid shit with it and some minor bugs. Changes made hopefully.

• Like 1

• Content Count:  101

"I'll be honest, this game is pretty fun but I'd never pay £40? I think or $60 for this game. Definitely not worth that amount. I wouldn't buy it if it was half the price but I mean I would say it's a reasonable price. "

I'm sure most would agree with that. If i were to buy this game, it'd only be for the 1v1 , too many gang bangs in other game modes and I just find it really just annoying.

You know those 1v1 duels map locations where there are parts that have those ledges you can easily be pushed off of? I feel like those should be removed and instead be replaced with the main area of the map. Heavy Shields can easily abuse them with their charged ability, though it can easily be switched around to the other end but regardless.

Reply to Thread