? servers

? players online

New South Park game delayed again!

• Content Count:  6242

http://www.pcgamer.com/south-park-the-fractured-but-whole-has-been-delayed-again/

Now delayed to FY18 which is April 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018. Many are thinking late Q1 to Q2. They keep saying they are wanting to polish the game and whatnot, but I fear that the attempt to 1 up the next game and the show itself is making it hard.

• Content Count:  954

The biggest fear is that SoT was by Obsidian, who is an experienced RPG developer who also has decent skills in working with comedy to help complement Trey and Matt, while the new one is by Ubisoft, who, in recent times, have obtained the comedic timing of a sloth and video game development skills of a 2nd grader.

Like, seriously, Siege and somewhat WD2 are their only 2 games in recent years that weren't completely screwed up

• Content Count:  11501

I'm sure their delay was to make sure they weren't releasing the same game as the first one with a slightly altered story line. Ubisoft is soooooooooo good about making sure each 'new' game is totally unique.

• Like 3

• Content Count:  6242

The biggest fear is that SoT was by Obsidian, who is an experienced RPG developer who also has decent skills in working with comedy to help complement Trey and Matt, while the new one is by Ubisoft, who, in recent times, have obtained the comedic timing of a sloth and video game development skills of a 2nd grader.

Like, seriously, Siege and somewhat WD2 are their only 2 games in recent years that weren't completely screwed up

Caution hit this on the head.

I'm sure their delay was to make sure they weren't releasing the same game as the first one with a slightly altered story line. Ubisoft is soooooooooo good about making sure each 'new' game is totally unique.

Trey and Matt acknowledged that the game play of the first game got way too repetitive (my biggest complaint too). So changing studio will help that. With the changing of the studio probably also changed the engine quite a bit to something the new company is used to.

........... my heart is failing. I am SICK OF WAITING. I JUST WANNA FRACTURE SOME BUTTHOLES

I taught you blow jobs, teach me how to fracture buttholes.

tfw you wait for a game you've anticipated for over a year, and it gets delayed for ANOTHER FUCKING YEAR.

I doubt this will be a year delay. I am optimistic and thinking at the latest June/July.

• Content Count:  954

Trey and Matt acknowledged that the game play of the first game got way too repetitive (my biggest complaint too). So changing studio will help that. With the changing of the studio probably also changed the engine quite a bit to something the new company is used to.

The problem wasn't that it was repetitive, but rather that it was FAR too easy.

It's an RPG, encounters are going to have the same basic setup each time, the problem is that once you got to a certain point it was just Break armor until you could 1shot them, while stacking full inventories with healing items.

Not only that, but the "New devs" are Ubisoft, a company who would be entirely content developing 3rd person action/adventure games with 500000 useless collectibles, not a company who has had years of experience developing RPGs who know how to design the systems behind them.

SoT was trying to be Paper Mario, but it didn't have the enemy variety and degree of challenge that Paper Mario had, simply changing studios isn't going to fix that, Obsidian just needed more time and more communication between them and the publisher to develop the game the exact way they needed to instead of booting them out. Either that or they shouldn't have got a team that got famous for developing highly detailed worlds with a core highly focused character progression in RPG systems, and instead got some developer that was better with being told what to do and knew how to make more simplistic RPG combat systems.

Reply to Thread